Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarah2014 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 03:52 PM
    Is my boyfriend lying
    I found a note in my boyfriends car screwed up saying send me a pic of your then a drawing of a woman's breasts
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 03:54 PM
    Did you ask him about it?

Sep 8, 2013, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Did you ask him about it?
    Yea he's denied knowing about it and is just saying I'm always accusing him I just don't get why it's on paper if it was a text if think he's chesting
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 03:57 PM
    Did it look like his handwriting? Does he drive others around in his car?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah2014 View Post
    Yea he's denied knowing about it and is just saying I'm always accusing him I just don't get why it's on paper if it was a text if think he's chesting
    Are you "always accusing him"?
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 03:59 PM
    Yea he's.......saying I'm always accusing him....
    What other things have you accused him of? What suspicions do you have?

Sep 8, 2013, 04:01 PM
    I am insecure, well I may question him about other women but not like he makes out its all the time and yea it did look like his writing
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 04:06 PM
    I'd back off and just watch and wait (and not say anything more).

Sep 8, 2013, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'd back off and just watch and wait (and not say anything more).
    I can try but it's eating away at me and on the other side of the note it says what u want a pic of
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 04:10 PM
    I have found the best way to catch a cheater is to act naïve. The more you accuse and question the more secretive they become and the more they hide. The more naïve you act the more blatant they think they can be. Like they can get to the point where they will talk to the girl on the phone with you in the room if they think you are clueless.
    Insecurity doesn't help. You need to do as Wondergirl said and back off and watch and wait. Wait for him to slip up and watch for the red flags. Do not accuse until you have enough solid evidence.

Sep 8, 2013, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I have found the best way to catch a cheater is to act naive. The more you accuse and question the more secretive they become and the more they hide. The more naive you act the more blatanthey think they can be. Like they can get to the point where they will talk to the girl on the phone with you in the room if they think you are clueless.
    Insecurity doesn't help. You need to do as Wondergirl said and back off and watch and wait. Wait for him to slip up and watch for the red flags. Do not accuse until you have enough solid evidence.
    Ok I will take your advice thank u, do u have any theories as to what it could be? I asked him if he has nothing to hide show me his mobile which he did and there was nothing bad but he could've deleted it
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 04:18 PM
    He could think he is harmlessly flirting with a co worker. Some guys think it's their duty to make a girl feel good about herself by acting flirty. Not much you can do until you have evidence that adds up. Insecurity will only drive a wedge.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 04:22 PM
    Ok I will take your advice thank u, do u have any theories as to what it could be? I asked him if he has nothing to hide show me his mobile which he did and there was nothing bad but he could've deleted it
    No theories at this point. Just play the waiting game. If he's up to no good, he'll slip up sooner rather than later because he thinks you are clueless. Don't count the eggs in your basket until you have a full basket -- in other words, wait until you have enough evidence, and don't accuse him on every little thing.

You might just win an Academy Award on this performance!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 04:25 PM
    How old are both of you? How long have you been dating?

Sounds like a juvenile prank. Does he have any friends who give him something like that?

It was a note with a drawing. It seems to have been tossed aside as trash by someone. Why would he send himself a note asking for a picture of his (I am guessing the censor program left out the slang word) penis?

Do you always look at the trash in his car? This was screwed up which means it would have to be flattened back out to see what was on it. Were you looking for evidence to use against him? If so, then there isn't any trust in your relationship and you should consider moving on. If there is no trust, even if he is innocent and someone played a joke, you wouldn't believe him. There is nothing he could say in his defense that wouldn't sound like lying.

Have you caught him cheating? Are other people saying things to cause problems between you? Do you want to trust him but are afraid to?

If you are insecure, you need to work through your feelings and find your self-confidence. No one can make you feel secure. It has to begin inside yourself.

Sep 8, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    He could think he is harmlessly flirting with a co worker. Some guys think its their duty to make a girl feel good about herself by acting flirty. Not much you can do until you have evidence that adds up. Insecurity will only drive a wedge.
    Yeah you may be right and he's flirted with a worker before who then got a crush on him and she took it bad when he said it won't go any further, just wish he would make me feel good about myself, also as far as I know there are no women on the site he's Been working at
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 04:36 PM
    just wish he would make me feel good about myself
    No, no, no!! That's not his job. That's YOUR job. YOU have to find ways to feel good about who you are.

Where does your insecurity come from?

Sep 8, 2013, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    How old are both of you? How long have you been dating?

Sounds like a juvenile prank. Does he have any friends who give him something like that?

It was a note with a drawing. It seems to have been tossed aside as trash by someone. Why would he send himself a note asking for a picture of his (I am guessing the censor program left out the slang word) penis?

Do you always look at the trash in his car? This was screwed up which means it would have to be flattened back out to see what was on it. Were you looking for evidence to use against him? If so, then there isn't any trust in your relationship and you should consider moving on. If there is no trust, even if he is innocent and someone played a joke, you wouldn't believe him. There is nothing he could say in his defense that wouldn't sound like lying.

Have you caught him cheating? Are other people saying things to cause problems between you? Do you want to trust him but are afraid to?

If you are insecure, you need to work through your feelings and find your self-confidence. No one can make you feel secure. It has to begin inside yourself.
    Thank u for your reply, no I don't go looking but saw a cig box and went to get one and saw paper so was being nosy, we are early 30s with children and have had lots of uos and downs and issues with him being flirty but no cheating to my knowledge I trust him there well until today, it just feels like he cannot be bothered to defend himself but it was in his car so he must know about it

Sep 8, 2013, 04:41 PM
    Thank u for your reply, no I don't go looking but saw a cig box and went to get one and saw paper so was being nosy, we are early 30s with children and have had lots of uos and downs and issues with him being flirty but no cheating to my knowledge I trust him there well until today, it just feels like he cannot be bothered to defend him self but it was in his car so he must know about it
    Also no diagram where it said what u want a pic of only a pic of breasts where it said later at work send a pic of your then a diagram of breasts
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 04:42 PM
    Thank u for your reply, no I don't go looking but saw a cig box and went to get one and saw paper so was being nosy, we are early 30s with children and have had lots of uos and downs and issues with him being flirty but no cheating to my knowledge I trust him there well until today, it just feels like he cannot be bothered to defend him self but it was in his car so he must know about it
    How old are the children? Are any of them of school age?

He may not know if someone dropped it in the car or he picked up a piece of trash and didn't think about it.
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2013, 04:43 PM
    My boyfriend is flirty and it makes me feel crappy about myself because I feel that he makes time to help other girls but he doesn't even have time to go to the store with me to help pick out a pair of work shoes FOR HIM. I have no evidence that he is doing anything with these girls but the way he talks to them I keep my eyes and ears open. I kid him some about 'the other women' but I don't accuse him. Waiting for the moment he slips up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lying boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Together for a year and he would not talk to his female friend in front I me, but swears their just friends even after promising me several times he would quit talking to her or tell me when he did, and never told me, I found out on my own

What do I do if my boyfriend keeps lying? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I've been with this boy for 11 months now. We would have made 12 this month, but all he do is lie, lie, lie and I'm fed up with it. He tells me all kind of lies, but somehow I peep everything. I now know how he really fills he inboxes of girls on FB, and be like what's good? Do they want...

Lying to my boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I need advice... So I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. I used to be a complete pot head, and his little sister smoked too. I was trying to bond with his family, so his sister and I smoked together. When he asked me about it I panicked and told him that she didn't smoke. But...

Is my boyfriend lying? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating a guy for about 8 months. A little while ago he took a photo of my in my underwear without my consent. At the time I wasn't sure if he was taking a pic of me but then I saw it on his phone which confirmed my suspicions. I confronted him about it and he became extremely defensive...

Is my boyfriend lying? [ 4 Answers ]

Is my boyfriend lying ? Just sex no strings attached we've been doing this for a year once a week. Its been 2 months since we had sex . Hes saying cause he has a liver problem and high blood pressure the med he's on he can't get a elerction. So I decided to go to where he works I saw him at...

View more questions Search