Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RFFSR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 11:37 AM
    How do I reduce water level in my pressure tank because pressure drops quickly
    I have a well water system that goes about 660 feet deep. The pump is under ground and then it feeds a 50 gallon pressure tank and charcoal cylinder type filter. For some reasons I noticed my sprinkler system had very little pressure. I went to look at the tanks and although pressure gauge stated 60-70psi, the tank itself was filled all the way to top of the tank. Normally there is more air than water in the tank, so I assume this is my problem. How do I reduce the water level in the tank and why did this occur?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 11:53 AM
    Is this a bladder tank (usually a painted tank) or a pressure tank, (usually galvanized unpainted tank)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure tank cycles too quickly [ 1 Answers ]

Assuming it needs to be replaced I have replaced pressure switch 1 year ago and added air to tank now I'm having rapid cycling I added air again and it appeared normal then 2 days later back to cycling too often.. what next?is it time to replace pressure tank if so what size?

How quickly should my well pump fill my pressure tank? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, New member looking for some advice. I recently bought my first home, and today I opened my swimming pool for the first time. I was thinking about filling the pool with my well water, which would require my well pump to run 24/7 for at least a few days I would think (pretty big pool)......

Tank water level drops [ 3 Answers ]

I flush and the tank fills perfectly, silence. Then the tank water level starts dropping -enough to cause a short refilling of the tank. This goes on and on. I am wondering which part to replace. All parts inside the tank look good. What could be leaking? The floor is dry. This toilet is not the...

Water well pressure tank won't fill and pump turns off quickly [ 8 Answers ]

I have an old pressure tank on my water well without a bladder. It has no water in it and when the control unit turns on it gurgles and shuts off immediately. My well has a deep well pump (75 foot well). I get a slow trickle of water in the house and I replaced the control unit. Should I replace...

View more questions Search