Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Story Writer Posts: 108, Reputation: 13

Sep 8, 2013, 08:35 AM
    How to access the desktop photo?
    It is urgent.

I had a very nice photo on my desktop which I have only put on desktop as desktop photo and not saved anywhere in my hard disk or anywhere else. Now, today someone used my computer and changed that photo. I want to use the 'old' photo as desktop photo. It was a great photo, and I fear losing it for ever, if I fail to access it again. Kindly tell me the way to access it.

I shall be so so so grateful to you if you help me out.

Thanks so much in advance, to whoever will help me.

Pl hurry. My heart is pounding very fast.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 8, 2013, 08:39 AM
    Do you mean you used the photo as your desktop wallpaper? If so, it is still on your hard drive. You need to go into where you change the wallpaper to try and change it back.

Sep 8, 2013, 08:51 AM
    Thanks for the reply. YES, I mean the same what you say.

But actually, I had not saved it somewhere. I think I saw it online, on internet and I just clicked at SET AS DESKTP WALLPAPER or so.

Where to go to get it back?

Sep 8, 2013, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Story Writer View Post
    Thanks for the reply. YES, I mean the same what you say.

But actually, I had not saved it somewhere. I think I saw it online, on internet and I just clicked at SET AS DESKTP WALLPAPER or so.

Where to go to get it back?
    If you did that, it was downloaded to your PC. That's the way it works. So it IS on your hard drive. Without knowing what version of Windows, its hard to tell you where to look. Try your Downloads folder or the Wallpapers or Themes folders.

Sep 8, 2013, 09:04 AM
    I run windows 7.

In Themes folders there are the folders, but these are the folders which are already in the computer and are sceneries etc.

But, the photo, I am searching was some photo of some film personality. So... how to access it?

Please hurry. I can't wait as I fear the snap, if it is somewhere in my computer can fade away if I switch off the computer, if there is any possibility of recovering the snap.

Sep 8, 2013, 09:56 AM
    Again, it was downloaded and stored on your PC. You won't lose it. It doesn't matter that those folders were there initially. The image file was saved someplace.

Sep 8, 2013, 07:11 PM
    Can you kindly tell me where can it be located and found? I tried my best, but failed to trace it, even as your replies raise some (mammoth) hope/expectation.

I am grateful and want you to clarfiy a little further, as to where can I find it, i.e. in which drive or folder?

Sep 9, 2013, 03:09 AM
    Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select Personalize. Then click the desktop Background link.

P.S. Please don't PM people to badger them about answering your questions. That's rude.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 07:05 AM
    Story Writer, I have wondered the same thing, I will see if I can figure it out when I get home later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Security access code required tob access the aPp store [ 1 Answers ]

Every thing on apps filled out right except security code on credit card. ISn! This the number on the back by signature line?

GIMP2 photo manipulation--Need to modify text [labels] from a saved photo image. [ 0 Answers ]

GIMP2 photo manipulation software Is there an easy way to modify text on a photo image that was saved with the labels on it. Thanks.

Photo Programs and Photo Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have Adobe Photoshop 5.5 and some other photo programs on my computer. I have a lot of photo files I am attempting to crop and edit using these programs. When I open a file (usually in JPeg) it displays the photo all pixilated and distorted, with portions of the image jumbled around or...

Lost desktop photo [ 1 Answers ]

Co-worker A was being funny and replaced co-worker B's wallpaper. It was a family photo and now can't be found. Needless to say co-worker B is not very happy. The photo does not show up in the display properties->desktop list where I've always seen them. There is a zip file that looks to be...

View more questions Search