Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catmck2204 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 06:09 AM
    Best free anti virus programs
    What is the best online anit virus program?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 06:37 AM
    I like Avast. There is a free version and the full version is not too expensive and has better protection. But I have used it for years and no problems.

AVAST 2013 | Download Free Antivirus Software for Virus Protection
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Sep 9, 2013, 02:48 AM
    MS Security Essentials is nice

Sep 9, 2013, 05:05 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I just set up Avast and changed from MS Essentials. I did add Malware repair kit a free virus scanner. I have since removed the Malware program and now have Threat detected sowing on my Avast. Is it best to apply this to the chest or delete. Not sure what I have done and how to rectify. My PC has frozen several times and I have had to shut it off and turn back on.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 05:15 AM
    All the malware I know of you end up with viruses

Sep 9, 2013, 05:57 AM
    I used Malwarebytes. Will just uninstalling get rid of it? Other than taking my PC in to be debugged, anyway of getting rid of virus myself?

I appreciate your help. I had Microsoft Essentials and all was well, I don't know why I had to mess with things, lol.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catmck2204 View Post
    I used Malwarebytes. Will just uninstalling get rid of it? Other than taking my pc in to be debugged, anyway of getting rid of virus myself?

I appreciate your help. I had Microsoft Essentials and all was well, I don't know why I had to mess with things, lol.
    Did you run a full scan with avast? What virus do you think you have? So long as system files are not involved you should be safe deleting as you go when you have infected files.
    dj07 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 10:39 PM
    There are many antivirus tools which you can use according to your PC requirements. Some of the trustworthy antivirus tools are Norton, Immunet Antivirus, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast etc. For enhanced security, always prefer to go for the paid version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Free good anti virus,no trialpay! [ 2 Answers ]

I want non trialpay no trian no pay or nothing but free anti virus if any

Free anti-virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know of some good free anti-virus software?

Avg free anti virus [ 2 Answers ]

I'm using avg free edition on both my office and home computers. When I try to update; I'm getting the message ".bin file missing". Please help, if you can.

Free anti virus programs [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes: My Norton subscription is about to run out. Any suggestions for a good free download to replace it? Thanks , Prairie Son

Info: Free Anti-Virus [ 2 Answers ]

According to some recent research by a group called "Get Safe Online", a whopping 17% of people do not have a virus scanner on their PC. 23% people also do not have a firewall (Source). These stats did amaze me when I first saw them. In today's society where major virus outbreaks hit the main...

View more questions Search