Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Collins59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 04:43 AM
    Is it proper for grooms parents to thank the brides parents for wedding?
    And if yes what should I say?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 06:09 AM
    Is the brides parents paying and planning the wedding ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 8, 2013, 06:35 AM
    It is proper (and good common decency) for anyone who benefits from something to thank those who paid for it.
    In the case of a wedding, it is more a situation of letting them know how beautiful and thoughtfully planned it was, and how much you appreciate all the work and time and creativity, rather than mentioning cost directly.
    And you are so happy that the woman your son loves has parents as wonderful as she is, as you knew they would be, and so on. Lots of warm feeling and some hugs without being fake about it.

Now we hear on this site about weddings in some cultures where one family literally demands money from the other family right after the ceremony and just before the festivities begin. I can't answer to that. In many parts of the world, the bride's family pays for almost everything, with some exceptions like a certain event like a 'rehearsal dinner' or something. It's all known in advance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorced Grooms Parents Seating [ 5 Answers ]

The grooms parents are divorced but both are remarried and semi friendly. Exactly what seats do they sit in and what order are they seated at the ceremony? (eg. Mom is seated last? Does she sit in the aisle seat or does the dad, stepdad? etc.)

Is it proper to send a thank you my new daughter in law parents for the lovely weddin [ 5 Answers ]

I have just returned from attending my sons wedding his lovely brides family was in charge of this grand event making this specail day perfect. I feel as though I would like to acknowledge them , yet I am uncertain how to do this. I so much want them to know how much it was appreciated and how...

Divorced parents at the wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the process of a bitter divorce. My son and his fiancé are planning a large wedding in six months. My children are unaware of the details of our separation, including my ex's physical, and emotional abuse; his use of prostitutes, and his many affairs. His extended family do not know what...

How to word the wedding invite when grooms parents aren't contributing [ 5 Answers ]

We have a sticky situation. We need suggested wedding invititation wording for when the brides father is deceased, and the grooms parents are not contributing to the wedding, but the bride and groom, and the mother of the bride are. The Grooms parents will be insulted if they are not listed on...

Grooms Divorced Parents [ 7 Answers ]

I have read a lot about the divorced parents for the Bride. What about the proper etiquette for the grooms divorced parents who don't care for each other? The father and stepmother of the groom are out of the loop. Their daughter together is in the wedding, so any information is coming from her....

View more questions Search