Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rich6410 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2013, 02:05 PM
    I have a pacific hydrostar pump that now only hums. What gives?
    I have a Pacific Hydrostar smaller pump that I use to remove the dirty water from a backyard water feature, 5'x4'. The pump worked fine for a few months, but now it only hums... not pump. It's a $60 pump from Harbor Freight, but I really thought it would work for the occasional time I used it for one season. If it's hopeless, does anyone have a suggestion for a better pump. By the way, the Pacific Hydrostar pump does not fit a standard garden hose. No threads on the pump at all. I had to jury rig the connection to the hose. Pitiful.

HELP! I need the pump asap. Thanks.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Sep 7, 2013, 04:37 PM
    It sounds to me like the impeller is stick. F you can take it apart see what is holding the impeller from turning. It is probably clogged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pacific hydrostar 1 hp shallow well pump [ 11 Answers ]

Just bought a cheap Pacifichydrostar 1 hp pump for emergencies if our main well goes out. While reading I notice the statement not for potable water. What gives? I want to use it for drinking and wash water and is there a problem?? Dan

Pacific hydrostar shallow well pump [ 2 Answers ]

What size o-ring does the pacific hydrostar shallow well pump model #47906 take?

Help! My new 1HP Pacific Hydrostar shallow well pump w/5 g tank just hums. [ 2 Answers ]

The pump worked fine. We turned it off to fix a pipe leak. The next morning we primed and turned it on again. It makes a humming noise and that's all. The motor blades turns freely. Any suggestions? I ordered online. The shipping to and from Alaska is too much to send back.

Pacific hydrostar shallow well pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have the 3/4 hp and get only about 10 lbs pressure. Using to pump creek water for irrigation

Pacific Hydrostar Shallow Well Jet Pump issues... [ 2 Answers ]

Good Evening to all of you in Cyberspace! I want to see if you can lend me a couple ideas on why my pump isn't working. I bought the 1 Horse Jet pump from Harbor Freight, And have everything set accordingly. For our well, the Top of the water line is at about 14' below where I've got the pump,...

View more questions Search