Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Animal Luvr Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2013, 12:47 PM
    Red stuff in my guinea pig's cage
    So I was cleaning my guinea pig's cage and saw what looked like blood. It might have been juice from something that my parents gave her but it was in the corner she uses the bathroom in. I have a female guinea pig who is 3 years old. Do guinea pigs go through menstration cycles? I haven't really noticed it until now (who looks at their pets poop?). I'm just curious. Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2013, 02:00 PM
    Guinea pigs do not bleed during their heat cycle.

You mentioned poop. If there is blood in the feces it needs to be checked out by a vet.

I do have to ask, why are your parents giving the guinea pig juice?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 07:04 AM
    Since you found it in the "bathroom" area, it is possible that it could be blood in the stool or urine. Either way it needs to be checked out by a vet.
    Actually, looking at your pet's poop is something we should all do, it can be a very important indicator of their overall health and alert us to problems they may be having.
    What would your parents have fed that would look like blood?

Here is a site that is recommended by the ASPCA, lots of good info in there
    http://www.guinealynx.info/healthycavy.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea pig help [ 0 Answers ]

My guinea pig had a litter of 3 but sadly one was a still born and was dead before it was even born. They are both 2 days old coming close to three. One isn't feeding, has watery eyes, and looks quite tired. We decided to feed the weak baby evaporated milk with lukewarm water, fed with a...

New Guinea Pig [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone. So aylas special buy from our tax return was a pet guinea pig. She wanted a kitten but we can't have pets except caged animals, and I didn't want a bunny so she picked a guinea pig. We got him on Friday, he is healthy and clean. But he is still simply hiding under his...

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea Pig [ 3 Answers ]

Yeh I had 2 male guinea pigs and 1 died they were just over 1 and I'm not sure what to do because I no the other 1 s v.lonely someone said I should have it put down I'm not sure if I buy a new one would they fight?

Guinea pig cage. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have 2 male guinea pigs, and my grandpa is going to built them a very large cage, at the moment their in a pretty small one. I was just wondering is there a safer wood to use? IS there a wood there less likely to chew (they don't chew the wood things you can buy at the pet store so I...

View more questions Search