Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    repairmanj Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2013, 08:23 PM
    Cutting Metal
    I have this motor I pulled out of an old treadmill. The motor appears to be welded to a metal plate that it was used to tighten the motor down in the machine. I have the motor but need the plate off the motor. What is the best way to get that metal (about a half inch thick, 5 inch by 7 inches) what saw, blade would I need to use to slice that puppy off? Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 08:43 PM
    Can you not just grind the weld down with a hand grinder and give it a tap with a hammer?
    repairmanj Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2013, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Can you not just grind the weld down with a hand grinder and give it a tap with a hammer?
    I've been looking at hand held grinders and what they can do. I'm not sure this will work in this case. Is there anyway I can upload a pic and have you look at it to assess the situation with me for me? Thanks!
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2013, 01:25 AM
    Hi repairman, yes you can post a picture and here's a link that tells how. Good luck

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum-...ure-67724.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting off metal ring around toilet flange [ 3 Answers ]

As you can see from the attached picture, I'm trying to remove/cut off the metal flange that the bolts fit into that holds the toilet in place. Needless to say it had leaked and was rusted. What can I use to cut the metal ring off and how do I get under the plastic piece w/o cutting into it. ...

Cutting metal roofing. [ 6 Answers ]

I have some old metal roofing that I want to recycle, however I need to cut it to fit my project. What is the best and easiest way to cut this ? Thanks

Ryobi 14" metal cutting saw, brushes? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Ryobi 14" metal cutting saw that seems to have lost power. When looking in the end of the motor as it works, the green sparking seems to be more than usual? Is this most likely the brushes? Is changing brushes a complicated job? Thanks in advance.

Cutting galvanised pipe with a metal blade saw. [ 16 Answers ]

Can I cut a 3" galvanized pipe with a metal blade saw ? I am trying to replace a piece of drain pipe located in the bsmt ceiling with abs pipe. There is about 2'' space between the ceiling and the pipe, and I will have to cut above my head. Renting a special cutter is an option but expensive as...

Sparks from cutting metal dangerous? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a metal bar that is used with a key as a shut-off for a gas line that goes into my fireplace. The bar sticks up from the floor about an inch. It is a tripping hazard for my daughter who walks near that area often. If I cut it off to the floor level, will the sparks created be any hazard...

View more questions Search