Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coach78 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Replacing light/fan with light/fan/heater
    Is is possible? Right now we just have a light and a fan. I was wonder if I could put a heater in there as well.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Watch the load. If it is a 15 amp circuit with #14 wire, you can only have a total of 1440 watts for the whole circuit, or 1920 watts for a 20 amp circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Changed from fan to light fixture and now light will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

Today I tried to replace a ceiling fan to a light fixture. I connected the black to black white to white and copper to ground. I have a red wire that I don't know what goes to. The light now will not turn off. Should the red wire be connected to something?

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

Bathroom fan/light: light works, fan doesn't [ 3 Answers ]

I'm back with more "finishing basement" questions. This weekend, I wired my bathroom. This is 20 amp service with 12 ga wire. For the bath fan/light, the power source came into the switch box (1 box, 2 switches) on a 12/2 wire. From there, power goes up to the light/fan on a 12/3 wire. Red goes...

View more questions Search