Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggles5855 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 08:52 PM
    My friend is cutting from depression and anger!
    My friend is cutting from depression and anger. I'm not putting names out, but she is cutting herself and someone has tried to help and told her parents and she got yelled at :( she texted me she's sorry and she got overwhelmed and mad and just cut again, I'm worried this is getting bad and everyone hates her.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 09:20 PM
    Sadly there's really nothing you can do to force her to stop. Her parents are aware of her problem, and instead of handling it, sending her to counseling to deal with it, they yelled at her.

All you can do is be a friend, listen, tell her she has someone to talk to when she needs it, and hope for the best.

You have no power to force her to get help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 12:46 AM
    Tell a counselor at school, tell her parents, she will need to get help
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 07:36 AM
    Talk to a counselor at her school and ask them what they can do. There is nothing you can do. Just be her friend.
    Her parents yelled at her, or the person who told her parents got yelled at?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 08:14 AM
    You can suggest to her that she substitute a positive action for the cutting -- like, start a Peeves notebook and jot down her feelings about whatever is making her want to cut OR listen to some favorite music (by One Direction?) OR put that energy into straightening or cleaning in her bedroom or in another part of the house (bathrooms always need a lick and a promise). You can strategize with her to make a plan for diverting from cutting to some positive activity.

And yes, a teacher or a counselor needs to know about her cutting.
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2013, 09:05 AM
    I hate to tell you... But you can't do much! We can only initiate our own individual choices in life. If you are really worried tell a counceller, or her parents. Though she probably wouldn't want you to - it's for her sake.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 05:18 PM
    Just be a good listener and encourage her to tell a teacher or a counselor. Sad that her parents yelled at her rather than given her the proper support and helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is my first time actually expressing publicly my anger and depression problems. [ 17 Answers ]

This is my first time actually expressing publicly my anger and depression problems. I am a 24 year old man and for the past, who knows how many years I have been on and off drugs (prescription painkillers & anxiety medicine) at times abusing both very heavily then quitting for a couple months and...

Cutting and Depression [ 5 Answers ]

I Feel Really Sad and Mad Everyday. I always want to cry. When I get mad I feel Like someone is squeezing my lungs I can't Breathe. One day I got so mad I went to my Room and I cut myself. That was my first time. Yesterday I did it again. So Far I've done it 2 times. I want to do it again but Im...

Depression, anger and myself [ 5 Answers ]

I am so angry at myself. Life really sucks at this point. I've had major depression and severe anxiety for about 15 years. It's getting worse. My mental drugs aren't working anymore and I know I need to change them or up the dosage, something. I've started to see people in my house and around my...

Depression, Anger.and Blame? [ 4 Answers ]

A few weeks ago, my ex, who as of late has been exhibiting many signs of depression, broke up with me because he "doesn't feel anything anymore". However, while he holds to the fact that I didn't do anything wrong, he remains extremely angry at me for no apparent reason, acting extremely...

Anger problems and depression [ 4 Answers ]

I suffer from anger problems and depression. I just broke up with my girlfriend, because of my problem. I don't realize I am doing it until it is to late, until I hurt somebody emotionally. Then it is to late to fix it. My ex girlfriend and I talked for a little while after our break up, until the...

View more questions Search