Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    digitalmo2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 04:39 PM
    Lack of hot water in one bath
    We have 3.5 baths. Water heats up in every faucet/shower/tub except for tub/shower in guest bath (guest bath is on 2nd flr of home, as is main bath; water heater is in basement, 2 floors below). Water in tub/shower in question is Luke warm at best and frequently shifts from warm to cold. Faucets in same bath produce hot water with ease. What likely is problem? What is solution?
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Sep 4, 2013, 04:53 PM
    Check to see if the faucet for the shower has a temperature control or limit built into it. Many do. If it does rset it higher.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 06:39 PM
    Hi Digitalmo

If this is a new issue then I would suspect that the hot water side of the shower valve cartridge is clogged/defective and needs to be cleared or replaced. If this is the "guest bath" as stated, then this valve is infrequently used and further compliments the idea that the cartridge is the culprit.

A name brand would be helpful here.

If this is an issue from the day you guys installed the shower valve then the issue could actually be the limiting device as presented by Handyman2007.

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water from shower head, but there is hot water from bath and basin [ 1 Answers ]

It would be grateful if someone can help with this problem. There is no hot water from the shower head but there is hot water for bath and basin. This is a mix tap for shower and bath. I have checked the boiler and it works fine. The situation is that there will be hot water coming from...

Hot tap in bath does not work and fitment blew off cold water pipe under bath. [ 16 Answers ]

How often do water pipes under bath need to be thoroughly serviced? First, hot tap bath had no water; this was fixed and then days later fitment blew off the cold water pipe, again under the bath. What could be the connection between these two incidents?

Weird hot water fluctuations. Not a lack of hot water [ 8 Answers ]

I am a college student renting a house and have a weird problem with our shower. We have more then enough hot water but as I am taking a shower it will be warm/hot at about 2/3 of the way to hot. I like hot showers so I turn it up just a little bit more and its great... for about 2 min then the...

No hot water to bath or shower, but I get hot water to bathroom and kitchen sinks. [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting no hot water to my shower or bath but I get hot water in my sinks. I have a combi boiler which got installed about a year ago with all new pipe work. The bathroom got installed about 17 months ago with a mixer shower. I have had no problems until recently. I have seen comments on...

View more questions Search