Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pioji Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 02:30 PM
    What do I get my boss for his wedding?
    None of the employees where invited, but we get a long pretty good, we around the same age and ever since he proposed he always tells me things about the whole wedding planning and the new house, how exciting everything is, and I like that because I'm basically a newly wed too so I love seeing people getting married.. any way.. I feel like I need to give him a little something! Any suggestions?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2013, 03:56 PM
    In my office, we chip in on these things and keep the individual contributions inexpensive, and the gifts useful and nice but not too personal. When a supervisor in my office got married, we each put in $20 and got him a nice card with a gift certificate to a nice restaurant for a date night.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 04:20 PM
    If nobody is invited to the wedding, and there is no contribution going on to get a card or gift certificate (which is a nice idea), then I'd say at most, a card is appropriate.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 5, 2013, 10:30 AM
    I agree with both members above.
    Another idea is to host a pot-luck at work to celebrate. Even those who don't like to give money toward a gift, like to eat ;)
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 10:33 AM
    That is a really great idea!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be prevented legally from socializing with my boss by the big boss? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been best friends with my boss for years and she then became the boss of our company which is under an umbrella of a bigger company. We and our families have been very close for many years and she has been my boss for 4 years. Recently she was told she is no longer allowed to socialize with...

Who can help me when old boss calls your new boss about my background [ 2 Answers ]

I quit my old job at Advance Auto Parts, went to go work for Napa Auto Parts. Found out my former GM Mike from Advance talking to my new GM Cas at Napa about my background, and later Mike telling Advance employees about my whole background, and the outside commercial accounts, so almost the whole...

A former boss talking dirt to a new boss [ 3 Answers ]

Good Evening, So, I worked for a jewelry store for a few months before relocating to another location to finish college. After I moved, I applied at a competator's company in at a mall store. At my former job, my manager and I did NOT get along. She would constantly change the schedule without...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search