Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colleenom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 10:37 AM
    Family ancestor photo
    How do I identify a family ancestor in a photograph?
    colleenom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 10:39 AM
    I don't know the person's name. That's what I'm trying to find out.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2013, 04:53 PM
    Ask your oldest relatives and other senior acquaintances who knew your family. Sometimes census information is helpful and if ancestor was in U.S. the 1940 census is now published online and can be accessed free of charge (census.gov). For instance, if you suspect that the ancestor could be a brother or sister of a relative you have some information about and can find the person you are sure of, you may find a brother or sister listed on the census form and you can do further research based on what you find. Be prepared for difficult, time consuming work to find it no matter how you proceed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GIMP2 photo manipulation--Need to modify text [labels] from a saved photo image. [ 0 Answers ]

GIMP2 photo manipulation software Is there an easy way to modify text on a photo image that was saved with the labels on it. Thanks.

Photo Programs and Photo Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have Adobe Photoshop 5.5 and some other photo programs on my computer. I have a lot of photo files I am attempting to crop and edit using these programs. When I open a file (usually in JPeg) it displays the photo all pixilated and distorted, with portions of the image jumbled around or...

View more questions Search