Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avwp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 03:43 AM
    Abandonment
    We got married in Manila. Then my spouse just left for Portugal and never heard of for the last 14 years. We tried to write to the Portuguese Embassy but they never replied. Does anyone know the procedure to file for separation/nullify of marriage? Thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2013, 07:57 AM
    It doesn't matter where you got married.. you file in the country you are a resident of right now.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 4, 2013, 08:14 AM
    You file for divorce giving abandonment as grounds. The court will require that you try to find him to serve him notice. But there are alternatives. If you satisfy the court then you get a divorce by default.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a thirteen year old girl of no relation to either of us, in our home for two years. Neither one of her parents has called or tried to contact this girl in the last thirty days. Would we be able to file for abandonment under Utah state law?

Is this abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's father has full custody of our daughter. I get visitation every other weekend. He dropped her off to me 10/28/2011 and as of today 11/17/2011 I still have her. He has not called nor will he return my phone calls. At what point does this become child abandonment, or do I legally have...

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My soon to be ex-husband hasn't seen our two boys or helped out with ANY exspenses let alone child support in the past year and a half. Has enough time lapsed where abandonment will be seen in court?

I pay child support but I don't see my child there mother now say she is taking me to court can she still file abandonment on me ?

And when you say very few states use child abandoment as the charge.. is KY one, do you know offhand?

View more questions Search