Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    norris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Heat pump thermostat trouble
    When I place my thermostat in cool setting it runs for a couple of moments with cool air. Then the emergency heat light comes on and unit blows hot air. The thermostat remains in cool setting.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 27, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Have you just replaced the thermostat or changer any wires?
    norris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 05:42 PM
    I have not changed thermostat /should I?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 28, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by norris
    I have not changed thermostat /should I?
    No this problem could be a relay or other fault. Look at the sticky notes at the beginning of this list to see if there are any suggestions. Usually you need to call a profession unless you know about relays ,thermostats etc.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 05:56 PM
    May have a bad thermostat or grounded wire. Remove the W1 and or W2 wire from the t-stat or fan coil and try a/c again, does the heat come on with the a/c now?(Turn power off first and tape ends off wire)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Heat pump thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have pored over the thermostat wiring messages on this forum, but I still have a question. I am installing a RiteTemp 8085C to replace a Janitrol thermostat for my Goodman heat pump. The old thermostat was wired as follows: Red to R Orange to O Yellow to Y Green to G Blue to C White...

Heat Pump Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Heat Pump by Unitary Products, Model F2FP036N06B with a White-Rodgers thermostat, Type No. 1F89-11. The 5 amp fuse controlling the thermostat has blown three times in the last 24 hours. After replacing the fuse, everything seems to work normally for a few hours before it blows another...

Thermostat compatibility with heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman heat pump--CPLE24-1-- 2 ton -and need to replace the thermostat-what do I need to know when purchasing a new one?

Changing Heat pump Thermostat. [ 2 Answers ]

Currently have a Honeywell T841A1712 Multi-Stage Heat pump thermostat. I am changing to a Honeywell RTH7500D. All is good except that the manual states "If the old thermostat had wires on W1, Y1, and W2, some modification is required. Call your loca heating and cooling contractor for...

View more questions Search