Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Volunteering for Seniors
    What is the best volunteering category where both male and female members participate.
    Many Senior activities seem to have only women members.
    Thanks
    M.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 04:34 PM
    Is there a senior center in town? Check their activities list for ones that would attract especially men. Start a writers' group or reading discussion group for 50s and over. Your library will help you with that (or ask me for tips). How about an animal shelter? (men like dogs) Check into senior groups at churches.

Unfortunately, after the age of 60, men may become widowers and tend to stop socializing (their wives were the ones who dragged them out of the house) or are the ones who tend to die, while their widows live on like Energizer bunnies. There's a retirement village near me -- at least eight women living there for every man.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 02:40 AM
    Going to a nursing home and reading to the patients are just visiting.

Going to nursing home, assited living, senior center and performing, sing, or so something to entertain.

My wife and I used to go every week and sing and visit with nursing home residencts.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2013, 07:15 AM
    Local community theaters in my area are always looking for volunteers to help them operate the theater. Usually see them as ushers directing folks to their seats but they are also used in the tickets sales area and in other administrative functions.
    Most hospitals also rely heavily on volunteers.
    Churches also, and in many cases you don't have to be a member of the church to help out with various activities.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 4, 2013, 08:13 AM
    My father donated his expertise as a business owner to accounting students.
    I think tutoring in general has equal numbers of men and women.
    Many towns set up free tax help with retirees doing the advising.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Volunteering to give up his rights [ 3 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of agreeing with him and letting. Him terminate. His rights and how is it done

Volunteering information [ 6 Answers ]

This is a general question for guys... Should a girl be worried if a guy just volunteers information to her without her asking?

Volunteering at a shelter [ 4 Answers ]

I am starting to volunteer at a local shelter, I start on Saturday. I am also sending cover letters and resumes out to the vet clinics in my city to see if I can get a volunteer position there. I want to become either a vet tech or assistant, not sure which (and not sure how much I can get for...

Volunteering at CTRC [ 5 Answers ]

I had no idea where to put this, but I volunteer at the Colorado Therapeutic Riding Center and basically I'm trying to get CTRC noticed. The myspace is www.myspace.com/coloradotherapeuticriding So go check it out and if you live in Colorado maybe you could Volunteer!

View more questions Search