Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cluelessgal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Starting a trucking business
    I live in California and want to start a trucking business delivering appliances and furniture. However I don't know where to begin. A friend of mine who works for bestbuy had offer to help, but once she saw that I was truly interested she backed out of the offer. I really need help! Please if there's anyone out there who has experience, I will greatly appreciate it:)
    adeena Posts: 19, Reputation: 6

Apr 9, 2007, 03:53 PM
    It sounds like you just need to start from the beginning. :) That means start writing a business plan. A business plan will help you figure out what you don't know and what you need to know. For example... a business plan should have a section on your competition - which means you should know who you're competing with; a business plan should have a financial sections - which means you need to do some research on how much your start up costs will be, your pricing, etc.

A few other good resources to get your started:
    - check out your local Small Business Development Center
    - there are a bazillion books on Business Plans out there available at any book store or library
    - I also have a questionnaire available on my blog to help folks figure out what they need to know when they're just starting. It's available here.

Hope this helps!

-Adeena

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking business costs [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the total cost per mile it takes to operate a tractor trailer, that would include all applicable insurances, driver wages, truck payment, taxes, fuel taxes, fuel,etc, this is based on paying $100000.00 for the power unit and $38000.00 for the trailer. This is of course a...

Trucking Business [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to buy a semi truck and start my own business, but I don't know what I need to do to get started. Can you help?

View more questions Search