Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannah88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Are the qualifications the same
    Hi I'm from australia and I'm here for a year I want to get my certificates in child care but am unsure if I will be able to use my qualifications when I get home.. can any one help me??
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 04:15 PM
    No, the educational requirements are not the same. If you came to the US with a certification in early childhood education, or certification in child care, you would need additional training to meet requirements - and each state has their own requirements.

Same goes for someone who leaves the US with credentials and goes to another country. The training received may well not meet criteria. I only know this because one of my co-workers moved to Queensland and her qualifications did not meet what she needed.

Just do some homework and see what is needed for where you were living and match that with what you you want to continue while in the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What else to do with teacher qualifications? [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to know what other careers I'd be suitable and qualified for outside of teaching with a Major in English and Sociology and a teaching degree. I have been teaching elementary school (special ed, gr.5, 6, ESL), and I'd like to know what career would be welcome to a teacher with my...

View more questions Search