Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmcoloroso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2013, 02:24 PM
    I am requesting information for a visually impaired friend.
    I am looking for resources or a grant to fund a computer with the jaws technology for a friend. She is a single mom of a teenager and is currently unemployed but wanting to work.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 2, 2013, 02:43 PM
    The local SS and Medicaid offices, and the Education Connection online, are your first steps, I think. It's quite possible that the cost can be paid by Medicare or Medicaid, and the EC can do the training.
    After that this would be a local search of community programs, the town social worker, churches, and libraries.
    I take it she needs the $895 version. You don't say how impaired her sight is. There are countless other products to enlarge the screen and so on.
    Price List NanoPac
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 03:45 PM
    What country are you in? In Canada The Lions Club may help, as well as the CNIB. You may also be able to get it through the government if you have paperwork to prove a disability. If you are not in Canada I am not sure if any of that information will be relevant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Impaired care or control [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was charge with impaired care & control + over legal limit. We paid x-coppers $4000 and they have represented him this far. Now the courts have said it will take at least 2 more court dates to resolve the case. The lawyer wants to charge $2000 per day. We won't qualify for legal aid...

Requesting information regarding a class on the new 410 refrigerant [ 2 Answers ]

Requesting information on classes regarding the 410 refrigerant

Good will and Impaired goodwill [ 2 Answers ]

3. Joyful Sound Music Company purchased the net assets (I, e. assets minus liabilities) of Metrodome Company for $845,000. Metrodome is a retailer of music, instrument, and related items. Its net assets have been carried on its own books at a total of $530,000. An appraisal of all of Metrodome's...

Blonde, hearing impaired [ 3 Answers ]

Who acted as a blonde, young, hearing impaired girl who was treated very badly, and lived in a barn

Looking for a friend's contact information [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a phone no and address of a friend Mr. Garth Gardner, living in MA.USA.

View more questions Search