Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citua Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2013, 12:11 PM
    Kitchen faucet
    Hi, I am trying to fix my kitchen sink sprayer. I have seen a lot of videos concerning that and decided the problem could be from the diverter. The problem is all of the videos I saw look nothing like mine. So when I try to open the top cover inorder to get to the diverter it won't budge! I don't know if I am doing it wrong or if the thing has never been opened before.
    The kitchen sink looks like the picture on this web page.. .
    A New Retro Sink and Dishmaster Faucet Are Installed in Mom’s 1950s Time Capsule Condo | No Pattern Required
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 02:53 PM
    The very top should unthread counterclockwise. If you can't get it to break loose, you can try tapping all around the outside lightly with a hammer to help jar it enough to be able to unthread it with either a pipe wrench, strap wrench, or channel locks (my tool of choice in this case, but know you may scar the surface). Trust me, you can get it off, but damage to the unit may result if you aren't careful. Take your time, use sufficient force, and you should be able to get it done. If not, just imagine how nice a brand new kitchen sink faucet would look.
    citua Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 04:09 PM
    Thanks, I didn't have all of the tools you mentioned so I used instead a wrench to loosen it, and guess what?. I didn't just scar the surface, I made it smooth! I just left it alone until I can buy the tools I need. Or I will just leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. :) but thanks for the help.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 05:43 PM
    At this point, a new faucet will be your best bet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What would cause water from a kitchen faucet to be foamy and smelly when the faucet [ 3 Answers ]

When water first comes out of the kitchen sink faucet it is foamy and has an order. Both hot and cold. Then it clears up. Problem does not exist at any other faucet in house. New faucet in December 2009.

How do I replace kitchen faucet sprayer with a undersink water filter faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old kitchen kitchen faucet with attached sprayer. I want to install a Culligan undersink filter which comes with a water faucet that REPLACES the sprayer. I have very limited room under the sink to work in. I cannot even get any normal open end wrenches/adjustibles to work with limited...

How to convert a low flow kitchen faucet to regular faucet [ 8 Answers ]

We purchased a beautiful used pullout kitchen faucet, spent $34.00 for additional parts and installed it in a vacation home. It looks great, works fine and no leaks. However, after installing it we fine out it is a low flow faucet. How can we convert it to a regular flow faucet. PLEASE HELP...

View more questions Search