Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkaras2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2013, 07:29 AM
    Regular Pex with wirsbo pex pipe
    Can someone please let me know if you have to use Wirsbo fittings with Uponor pex a tubing? Thanks Joe
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 03:04 PM
    If you ask the manufacturer, they will say you need to use wirsbo fittings. However, crimp rings with standard pex fittings will work just fine on any pex out there. Just like push fit fittings will work will all pex pipe. Only problem with mixing fittings/connectors with different types of pex brands is that it could leave you open to liability if the system ever fails/leaks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pex pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Can you use red pex for cold water and will it pass inspection?

Pex pipe [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys, first of all happy new years to ask me help desk and everyone behind the scenes. Great site. Now to why I'm here. I want to change all of my water lines. I've read a lot about pex piping. I know there are some pro and cons about pex. My question is am I better off with copper or pex...

1/2'' copper down to PEX - which size PEX is best? [ 1 Answers ]

We're finishing our basement and I want to re-run the kitchen supply line because the 1/2'' copper runs underneath (perpendicular) to the 16'' on center joists and thus lowers the ceiling by a full inch (it will need to be shimmed). I want to install PEX that runs through the center of the joists...

PEX Re-pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for info on how a PEX re-pipe is suppose to look. I'm re-piping through the attic and intend to use a manibloc but have no idea what it should look like.

PEX pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I need to run some water lines for a bathroom I am installing in my basement. All the water line in my house now are PEX lines. If I need to run lines for sink,toilet and shower can I tap into a hot and cold line any where and use one line split off three ways too run all. Or is there a better way...

View more questions Search