Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Djriordan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2013, 01:42 AM
    New water heater with both inlet issues.
    We replaced the water heater a few months back and have had issues ever since. The piping is copper to the inlets and they've both been leaking and melting the black rubber gasket for the water heater in both. I've replaced both inlet nibs and gaskets to come home tonight and find the cold side leaking at the fitting. I turned off the beaker and shut off the water to the tank, but a few hours later I smelled electricity coming from inside the closet where the tank was. I found the cold inlet fitting so hot I couldn't touch it and it was bubbling with water. I checked the breaker and found it still off but my bedroom breaker which is a GFI was popped but still in the half position. What the heck is going on?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 03:16 PM
    Time for a plumber or electrician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky fitting on cold water inlet on hot water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced my hot water heater. THe new one was taller than the old one so I had to cut the pipes and shorten them. I had to use solder on fitting with a brass nut on the top end and a male fitting on the bottom. I have a leak right at the joint and have tried teflon tape, "pipe dope" and...

Water in hot water heater won't heat. Cold water inlet won't turn off. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gas water heater built in 2007. The cold water supply won't turn off. Flushed the unit, burner and pilot fine. Called company (AO Smith) and they said I have a leak somewhere. However, the water meter is not turning. My question is where is the water from the tank going? I do not see...

Water Heater Cold Water Inlet has Hot water coming out [ 2 Answers ]

I have a.O Smith Gas Water Heater. It was installed in 1991 and still works great. I am wondering why the hot water comes out of the outlet ( inlet ) labeled COLD on the top of the heater. Of course the labeled hot water inlet is supplying the cold water. The shut off valve is also on the pipe...

Pluming does the recurculating pipe hook to the hot or cold inlet to the water heater [ 0 Answers ]

Comercial water heater a pipe from the hot outlet returns to the cold inlet is this correct

View more questions Search