Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megan5306 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 01:29 PM
    Skip 8th grade ?
    I am 13 and In 8th grade. I want to skip 8th grade because I am ready for high school. And I was held back because My parents didn't want me to be the youngest in my class. But I am fine with it, I want my life to be the way that it is suppose to be. I am suppose to be in 8th grade but I'm not..!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 01:32 PM
    First you say you want to skip 8th grade then you say you are supposed to be in 8th grade but you're not. Which is it?

And... let me just say... judging from your sentence structure and grammar, you're not ready to be skipping any grades yet.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 01:34 PM
    Why do you think you are ready for high school? Did you spend the summer studying everything you need to know and test on that is taught in 8th grade? Could you pass an achievement test?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 01:36 PM
    What grade were you held back in? It's common in Kindergarten, but after that it's usually due to grades. If it happened recently, then you should have worked harder in school, but if it was long ago, then you won't be ready for high school.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 1, 2013, 01:40 PM
    You need to have your parents talk to the guidance counselors at your school. Only they can approve your skipping a grade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to skip 8th grade [ 21 Answers ]

Im 15 years old I had to retake 7th grade because of my grades… Im going to be 16 in January… School starts in two weeks… Me and my mom are wondering if I could go to 9th grade before school starts… Is there is a test that I could take or something in Arizona?

How can I skip 8th grade? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to start it but I want to skip it.

?Why Can't I Just Skip To 8th Grade? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Iam 14 years old in 7th grade turning 15 on march 21st. I got held back in 2nd grade which is fine so I am suppose to be in 8th grade but then I got held back in 6th grade. Technecly I am suppose to be a 9th grader but I'm curious if I can skip the rest of seventh grade and move on to 8th...

I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th [ 11 Answers ]

I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?

View more questions Search