Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZProlker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 01:18 PM
    Senior living
    Are assisted living community and senior independent living the same?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 01:44 PM
    No. One is assisted (help for stuff) and one is independent (no help for stuff).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 1, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Not quite. Assisted living is generally like a combination hotel and nursing home. Meals and maintenance services are provided along with medical monitoring.

In independent living, the seniors care for themselves, but have the option of monitoring and assistance.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 01:49 PM
    Assisted living facilities provide people, not just seniors, with help where needed. This may include disabled people and senior citizens. The level of care will depend on the facility. It may include helping with health, safety and other issues, but normally don't have 24 hour medical care. Senior independent living would have transportation, laundry facilities, possibly dining, and some type of living arrangement (apartment). Usually, no medical care is provided, and seniors are free to come and go as they please.
    alexjack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 11:27 PM
    Assisted living service is the best option for elderly who are not getting proper home health care. With home care services patient can live independently and happy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 03:38 AM
    No, they are not the same, although some locations will use various words to try and make centers sound more marketable.

Assisted living will normally have much less freedom on individuals living there, more assistance in living.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father living in Missouri wants to sign his rights away to his son living inTennessee [ 2 Answers ]

I'm married and have a son who's dad lives in Missouri and wants to give up his rights to his son and my husband wants to adopt him but how do I go about this do I go through Missouri or do I go through Tennessee court?

Parent left senior living facility after only a 30-day notice [ 2 Answers ]

Contract calls for 60 day notice 95 year old resident ony gave 30 this is in sn independent living facility

Senior living facility will not return money taken in error [ 3 Answers ]

I have made 10 attempts to collect money that was taken from my 86 year old friend out of her checking account. We gave 30 day notice and we moved her out 3 days early even. The place where she was living took out another months charges from her checking account. This is ridiculous she didn't...

Debt Forgiveness for Senior in Assisted Living on Medicare [ 1 Answers ]

My 72 year old uncle is moving into an assisted living center. Medicare is paying for just about everything. But he still has some outside debt. He won't be able to pay that off, since all his money is goint to assisted living. What can we tell his creditors?

View more questions Search