Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornelius wells Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2013, 05:47 PM
    What could I do to find my son?
    I am looking for my son Joseph Xavier foster birth name. His mother gave him up without me knowing because I wanted to be in his life and not hers. Well to make a long story short she lied on paperwork for the adoption to go through and by the time I found out he was long gone. What could I do to find him?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2013, 05:52 PM
    How old would your son be now? Are there any old friends or relatives that would be willing to help you? Do you know what city he was last living in and how long ago that would have been? You have to kind of do your own investigating or else hire someone.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2013, 06:01 PM
    You may have the option of filing a civil complaint to compel her to turn over any document or information as to what she has done. I truly believe lawyers and investigators are better equipped for this type of thing and a free consultation gives you facts to work with.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 1, 2013, 06:15 AM
    If the child is under 18, and the adoption happened more than a year ago---You are out of luck. What kind of parent would you be if you ripped that child away from the only loving home he has ever known?

If you are just looking for contact, such as a visit once a year or pictures and letters---then you get a lawyer and spend the money and get the contact.
    cornelius wells Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2013, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    How old would your son be now? Are there any old friends or relatives that would be willing to help you? Do you know what city he was last living in and how long ago that would have been? You have to kind of do your own investigating or else hire someone.
    I just found the mother after 16 years and she's telling me it was a open adoption but soon as the adoption finalized they never contacted her and she lost all contact with them.I never had a fair chance because I had idea about the adoption.

I now have 8 kids which I am a great father to all.I'm not trying to pull him away from the only family he knows of but I would like to have pictures of him and one day have a chance to explain things to him and hopefully have him be apart of my life and his brothers and sisters..
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 4, 2013, 06:45 PM
    If he is 16, right now what you need to do is wait for 2 years until he is an adult.

We cannot help you search for a minor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 01:34 AM
    If it was a open adoption, then mother will know who the people are that adopted them, and mother would have access to the court records.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2013, 05:07 AM
    As the others have said it being an open adoption you need to find out as much as you can from the mother. Then you need to start searching records and places he would have grown up. Being an open adoption I would think you could start investigating now but possibly not allowed to contact him until his 18th birth day. I'd put an effort into starting now and maybe you will have enough pieces together by his 18th.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If my son is in prison for a sex offence can his ex girl friends husband adopt my son [ 5 Answers ]

Child with out his permission. He was not married to her but birth records shows my son as the father and he has court ordered visitation. Thanks Worried Grandmother

My son caught my Husband cheating and they got into a fight and my son hurt him bad ! [ 12 Answers ]

Let me start with I have been married 20 years ben together 23 years.Christmas night last year we had a bad bad snow storm I work about 1 hour away,We were suppose to all meet at my sister inlaws for Christmas night but my husband went to a friends close to home because of the storm my son was only...

Can I get custody of son if father leaves state and son stays here [ 20 Answers ]

My ex has residential custody of my 8 yeair old son. He is leaving to Texas in a few days. Ex put in a relocation and I am doing a objection. My ex is leaving my son here while he goes ahead and moves to see what the court decides. When ex leaves can I go to the courts and files a temp custody ?

View more questions Search