Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shirley914 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2013, 04:07 PM
    Cannot log on computer
    Hi all... I have a dell Microsoft windowsxp desktop,and I have a big problem trying to log on.when I turn it on a box comes up saying windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.could not read from the selected boot,check booth path and disk hardware.please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.I have tried using safe mode,last known good configuration etc,it only bring me back to the same box.I don't even see the start button,so I can't get to it.on top of everything else I can't even open the disc tray to insert a disk in it,its like its off track.so is there any other way I can solve this problem,which is such a headache.I need help with this one,can anyone please help me with this problem... please note I cannot get to the start button or open the disc tray which seen to be off track... help please
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Sep 1, 2013, 10:11 AM
    The problem I think is on your hard drive. It is either corrupt or needs replacing.
    But honestly, I would think of replacing the computer.

It is going to cost you too much money and time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot log on computer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I have a Microsoft windowsxp desktop,my question is I cannot log onto my computer.when I turn it on a box comes up saiding windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem,could not read from the selected boot check booth path and disk hardware.please check...

How to change log in information on used computer [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter gave me her 1GB Notebook. How do I delete her name and log ins, and add my own?

Do I have to shut my computer off or do I just log off when I'm finishing working on [ 3 Answers ]

My memory on my computer is low, how do I fix this?

Computer Freezes when attempting log on [ 2 Answers ]

The issue is with an office computer with Windows XP. All computers are networked. This one computer has been fine up to yesterday. It would first freeze at the boot screen. I restored factory settings and it now makes it all the way to the log in screen. When u press ctrl-alt-delete to log in, it...

View more questions Search