Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eastallegheny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2013, 05:59 AM
    Lakes and Borders
    Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I am curious about how borders work when they run "through" lakes. For example, the Great Lakes. On one shore, you're in Canada. On the opposite shore, you are in the US. My question is, do the borders of those two countries run through the middle of the lakes? Or do they hug the shores of the respective countries? And if the answer is the latter, then to which country does the middle of the lake belong?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2013, 06:05 AM
    The borders run through the lakes, not along the shores.

US-Canada borders through Great Lakes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formation of Great Lakes etc.. [ 5 Answers ]

What great geological event explains the formation of the Great Lakes, the St. Lawrence River system, the Columbia-Snake River system, and Great Salt Lake.. and How did this same geological event isolate the human population of the Americas from that of Asia?? ((if someone could help me out with...

Dissolved Gases in Lakes [ 2 Answers ]

What factors affect the levels of dissolved oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide in the aphotic zone of a lake?

Formation of Lakes [ 1 Answers ]

What great geological event explains the formation of the Great Lakes, the St. Lawrence River system, the Columbia -Snake River system, and Great Salt Lake?

View more questions Search