Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babybesos01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Need to lose weight
    I'm a 28 yr old female and I weight 195 and my height is 5'2 and that puts me at an over weight scale. I want to know what is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. Are diet teas good. I just need help on losing weight and comments will be taken
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Yes, there are lots of ways to lose weight, they take really looking at what you are eating now and reducing caloric intakes, as well as coming up with an exercise program. In order to lose body fat, you need a healthy and steady weight loss of no more then 3 pounds per week. When you lower body fat in this way, it results in permanent weight control, limiting weight regain. First things to check off your list is fast foods, fatty foods and fried foods. Next Sodium rich like chips, and sugary snacks like cakes, cookies and candy. Soda or presweetened drinks, drink lots of water, especially before meals. Next try to eat less processed foods. Instead eat a natural, low calorie, low fat, low sugar, food group and make sure that you start eating smaller portions. One serving of lean meat is only 3 oz, that includes, lean chicken, skinless, turkey breast, loin type meats, and fish. Nuts, seeds, lentils, beans-legumes are great sources of protein. Fruit and veggies, raw or mixed are great fillers and low in calories, as well as means to boosting you metabolism, before exercising. They increase metabolic rate, more muscle mass the easier it is to burn fat. And then Dairy, or skim low fat, skim or part skim cheese, low fat, 1-2% or skim milk and low fat, or non fat yogurt this will also help burn body fat percentages. 3-4 servings of lowfat dairy can adjust the fat burning mechanism in your body. The more calcium stored in a fat cell the more calories the body will burn, Calcium regulates energy metabolism, which increases fat breakdown and decreases the amount of body fat. And then you need to switch from white flour products to 100% full grain/multigain products like bread, rice, pasta, cereals. All this together with an overall body aerobic, cardio, weight /resistance training program will help a lot. Jog, run, stair climbing, eppilitical exercise, swimming, biking will aide you in burning body fat. You need a program that's 30-60 minutes 4-5 X week. Check into what your doing now and make some changes, lower portion sizes and eat healthy and exercise, it will give you positive results
    sansuiask Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Every time when my weight get little more up , I will stop eating, only drink honey with vinegar. Its kind of asian diet idea, but its really work. A glass of water + little vigegar( made with black rice, try to buy it in asian store, or use apple vinegar) + some honey=diet drinking . It could make your body light , for me I could lose 6 pounds. But remember this drinking only for 5 days :)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sansuiask
    Everytime when my weight get little more up , i will stop eating, only drink honey with vinegar. Its kind of asian diet idea, but its really work. A glass of water + little vigegar( made with black rice, try to buy it in asian store, or use apple vinegar) + some honey=diet drinking . It could make your body light , for me i could lose 6 pounds. But remember this drinking only for 5 days :)
    Most liquid diets contain very little calories and less protein. So the body start to burn the already digested fat,Most people on this kind of diet regain the weight quickly. Each day our body needs Milk, yogurt or cheese 2-3 servings, Whole grains ( pasta, bread, rice or cereal, Veggies, 3-5 servings, and fruits 2-4 servings This gives us all the nutrition our body needs just to work properly. You need to eat a good breakfast or the body thinks it's starving. And every calorie you take in, it hordes and you gain weight. Even eating whole foods, nutritional supplements and exercising 30 minutes, 3X a week will should you dramitic results, without starvation. Our plates should be 1/2 fruit or veggies, 1/4 whole grains, and 1/4 protein. Low calorie diets slows metabolism and makes it difficult to lose weight. A small reduction in calories 10-15% is going to protect lean muscle and less likey to slow your metabolism down. Restrictive diets that eliminate entire food groups, calories and physical activity is not a good option. Cutting calories to this degree slows down you metabolism, decreases thyroid output and you lose body mass. For fat loss, reduce calories by 100-500 per dayh, not more than 1,000, good exercise program also, aerobics, jogging, running, stair, biking, resistance/weight training. For at leat 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week. There are a lot of pills and quick fix diets, but they will only help you lose water from cells as the body burn remaining stores of carbs in the muscles and metabolizes muscle protein for energy, which means, temporarily you lose weight but not body fat, and the odds are you'll regain it really fast.
    gymnast6394 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 03:28 PM
    I think that excercising is the best way to go! I do 16 hours of gymnastics a week! I am 13 years old and I am 5 foot 3. I weigh 80 pounds. Whenever you have a chance go out side and exercise. Also I think going on a diet would help to! Best of luck with your situation.:) :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

How to lose weight [ 8 Answers ]

I am 37 years old. My height is 5 ft 3 inches and I weigh approx 213 lbs. How long will it take to reach my ideal weight if I don't go overboard with dieting ? Also please tell me what is my ideal weight. I don't like to exercise. Also please tell me how many calories I should have daily in order...

I want to lose weight [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: hi I'm 26 years old and I have 1 baby now, when I was not pregnant I weight 123 lbs after I gave birth I wieght already 153 lbs, I've heard this okinawan tea that melt your fats with in 7 days, I don't know how true is this. I need your advice who ever try this okinawa tea. Thanks

Trying To Lose Weight. [ 4 Answers ]

Yes Does Anyone Know Of A True, Honest Way To Lose Weight?:)

Will I lose more weight [ 4 Answers ]

If I eat only Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and drink lots of water and do 3 30min of exercise will I lose more weight?

View more questions Search