Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 10:44 AM
    Social Security
    A women 62 is collecting social security off her husband's record .
    She doesn't have enough credits of her own. When she turns 65
    Will she have to pay the full premium for Medicare ?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 11:49 AM
    This llink may lead to the answer even though it initially talks about free Medicare for spouses in the circumstances you described. There is a second link in the article for those who do not qualify for free Medicare. Follow through it a bit and it MAY help or may not.
    Haven't seen much of you lately pastor. You always have interesting questions.
    Medicare Interactive - Under what conditions would my spouse's work history qualify me for premium-free Part A?
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 11:58 AM
    Thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2013, 12:29 PM
    What about Medicaid? If she has that (state run), it should continue to pay her Medicare premium, as well as cover the Medicare deductible and additional coverage.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2013, 01:01 PM
    She doesn't qualify for Medicaid in Florida

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can my social security disability payments from Social Security can be garnished [ 5 Answers ]

I am on Social Security Disability. I was just served a small claims request and I wonder if they can garnish my social security benefits?

Social Security disability,unemployment and social security [ 2 Answers ]

I got approved for ssdi but got disapproved for ssi because my unemployment can I later get ssi after my unemployment is finished?:(

Social security [ 1 Answers ]

I recenty changed to have my ssd directly deposit into my ssd checking account.. I happened to overdraw the account by 100.00.. and got hit with 256.00 in bank fees the day before my ssd was deposited.. when it did get deposited the bank took the 256.00 right out of the ssd funds?. on my account I...

Supplemental security income and social security disability income? [ 2 Answers ]

If you are approved for supplemental security income and social security disability will you get full benefits from both or will it get cut in half and if your children receive ssi will their benefit be effected?

Social Security [ 4 Answers ]

My daughters boyfriend has not lived with his mother for about a year now, he is still in school and has stayed with his cousin. The school has his address as his cousins house, and his mother has signed gardianship papers stating she is his legal gardian. Today he told me that he collects social...

View more questions Search