Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anime36501 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 09:03 AM
    Injured Lizard!! Help NOW!
    I caught a 6 inch long garden lizard on my driveway. It was injured and looked tired.
    I put it in a small 8x8 cardboard box, lined the floor with damp paper towel, got some grass, 2 pea beans
    a and 3 leaves and a twig, along with 5 rocks. I put the box under the overcast sun with a half of the box covered in shade. I want to help it, since it is injured, but I don't know what it eats, or if I should put it near a river or pond. It is 6 inches long, is a dark brownish color and has yellow and green spots on it's back. I tried to pet it with a soft twig but it didn't like it. I think it thinks I'm going to eat it. What should I do now? I don't want to touch it either because I'm afraid of picking up a disease or something.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 09:08 AM
    Best to just leave it alone. You don't say what injuries it has but chances are that you're not going to save it. If it's not hurt too bad, it will get better on its own... if it's bad enough, there's nothing you can do.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2013, 10:29 AM
    Did you give it water?
    Cut one side of the box off so it can leave.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 30, 2013, 01:13 PM
    I'm curious if what you actually have is a salamander. A spotted or tiger salamander to be specific. This would explain it's tired nature if you found it on a driveway.
    You need to let this animal go. If it is injured you cannot fix it.

I'd be curious to see a picture if you could post one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lizard phobia [ 3 Answers ]

I am scared very much with lizards.What is solution

Lizard control [ 5 Answers ]

How do I control lizards in my office? It bites even paper, chair armrests, computer chords..

Lizard compatibility [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there! I have a question about desert lizards that maybe you could answer for me. I have a pet bearded dragon that is very friendly, I want to get a Uromastyx, but I don't know if they can live together. They are both desert lizards, and live in almost same habitats except that The...

Lizard menace [ 3 Answers ]

How to control lizards in the house?

View more questions Search