Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allen Patton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2013, 12:19 PM
    Stolen annuity
    I sold a portion of my annuity in 1995 half of 168000 in 2005 I was to receive the other half in monthly checks of 528.00 until age 80 but the other half didn't come. My lawyer says he's been trying to find it ever since. 8 years is a long time to look what is going on and what should I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2013, 03:51 PM
    An annuity is an investment made with a financial institution where you give them money and they promise to give you a monthly stipend for life starting at a specific date.

So what financial institution was the annuity invested with? What documentation do you have for this annuity?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 29, 2013, 05:18 PM
    Some lawyer you've got there.
    Annuity companies can be fly by night and go bankrupt, just like any other. You need to be vigilant with any investment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2013, 05:32 PM
    If you sold it to a company, you have the name and address of the company you sold it to.

So when you contact that company, what happens. Why has the attorney not merely filed a law suit against company that bought it ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Future Value: Annuity versus annuity due [ 2 Answers ]

What's the future value of a 7 percent, 5 year ordinary annuity that pays $300 each year? If this were annuity due, what would its future value Be?

If a variable annuity has a charity as beneficiary, is the gain on that annuity taxed [ 3 Answers ]

Is the gain on a variable annuity, on which the beneficiary is a Charity, taxed; and, if so, does the charity pay that tax or is it paid from whatever remains of the owner's assets. If it is the latter, is there any simple way to avoid this problem? leonardo23

What is the value today of a 15 year annuity that pays $750 a year? The annuity's fir [ 1 Answers ]

What is the value today of a 15 year annuity that pays $750 a year? The annuity's first payment occurs six years from today.the annual interest rate is 12% for years 1 through 5 and 15% thereafter.

Future Value: annuity versus annuity due [ 2 Answers ]

What's the future value of a 7 percent, 5 year ordinary annuity that pays $300.00 each year? If this were an annuity due, what would its future value be? I am using a financial calculator and is having problems arriving at the correct answer. I tried the examples in the book; however my answer...

Annuity rollover to another annuity or bank cd/ira? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an annuity with pacific life, it is a 7 year contract and will mature December 31 2009, it is in a fixed account making only 3% at this time the value is $86,600.00 and if I take it out now it will be $83,600.00. I am 62 and will not start taking rmd's until 2016 when I will be 70 1/2... my...

View more questions Search