Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thelieghtknight Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 29, 2013, 02:33 AM
    Father wants to move
    My father and Mother are in their late 60's. My father has had several strokes and has anger management issues as a result. My Father has recently decided that the 'Holy Spirit' wants him to move to Ecuador with my mother. My mother does not want to go. My father is listed on the title to their home as the sole owner, although the property was is defined as 'marital property' according to TN code. My father is telling my mother that if she refuses to go with him, he will have her removed from his property and leave her with no place to live while he leaves to go live in Ecuador. Can he do this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2013, 03:22 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. This can lead to confusion. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

He can't remove her from the marital home unless as part of a divorce decree. If he moves, she can file for divorce and the assets will be divided as part of a divorce settlement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The father of my baby is a liar, how can I move on? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a baby that is 5 weeks old. I am living with the baby's father at the moment but the situation is shocking and not what I expected. We are both in our 30's. We admittedly didn't know each other long before I got pregnant, although it was no accident that I got pregnant. Before I got...

Can I move out of CA with my 2 yr old if me and his father have joint custody? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the middle of a divorce and want to move to Colorado where my boyfriend is stationed (he is in the Army) we are getting married next year. Does being married again change anything?

Tyring to move on from daughters father [ 7 Answers ]

It's a long story but I'll try to sum it up. Me and my daughter father have known each other all of our lives, we grew up together. We started a relationship years ago dated for 4 yrs in that time he cheated several times, got married and had a son. The marriage didn't even last a year (he dated...

Out of state father - how to move forward [ 13 Answers ]

I have two sons 6 and 3. Their father is not a bad man, just not a very good one. He live is Oregon and I live in Arizona. He sees his kids about once or twice a year, he pays child support very infrequently. Though I would prefer that he not be a part of their lives, I am mature enough to...

Father is asking me to move out [ 6 Answers ]

I live with my dad,I'm not on the rental agreement,but pay rent and food and half of anything else that needs to be paid,we had an argument and was asked to leave,do I have any rights .

View more questions Search