Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    humble77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 06:41 PM
    AC fan motor is intermittent, after replacing the motor. Please help
    My AC fan blower went bad on me and I replaced the fan motor and capacitor DIY. The spec were the same except that the old one had 3 wires and the new one has 4 wires (diff colors) and also included a ground wire that I took off and tried to match wires to my best knowledge. Can someone help me please. It is extremely hot right now. But sincerely I think I hooked the wires wrong
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2013, 09:40 AM
    Probably what you didn`t do was connect 2 brown and brown with strip to the new capacitor. I`m wondering why you took off the ground wire,just connect it to any of the mounting bolts before tightening down
    humble77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2013, 04:47 PM
    Yeah I did attached the 2 brown to the capacitor... the AC comes on but goes back off after like 4-5 hrs. and it drive me nutt. I didn't know where to connect the ground wire was why I took it off. I guess I can put it back on. So can you please let me know where the wire goes. I have the 2 brown on the capacitor and the black and green on the hot contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing condenser fan motor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a four wire , brown, blue, black, And red emerson condenser fan motor model Number k55hxhrd-8822 with a four wire, brown, Brown/white, black, and white A.O. Smith condenser fan motor model number f48v61ao1

Carrier hvac fan motor is intermittent [ 0 Answers ]

I have a HVAC carrier model 38cks. I have two of these units side by side, one for 1st floor, the other for the 2nd floor. I had to change the capacitor on the same one a year ago… the top of the capacitor was expanded outward, like a can of soda that was about to explode. Unit has worked...

Replacing condenser fan motor [ 1 Answers ]

I had water dripping into the condenser now the stop running,is it just replacing the fa motor,is more to it.

Replacing condenser fan motor [ 2 Answers ]

The condenser fan motor on my "york" unit locked up. I replaced the motor but the new motor stops working after about 20 minutes. The condenser continues to work but obviously overheats because the fan is not working. The only difference between the old motor and the new one is the RPM. The new...

Replacing a 1990 Emerson Fan Motor [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a 1990 Emerson Fan Motor (1/3 hp,1075 rpm, ccw) for a home air conditioning unit with a 2007 Dayton replacement motor (4M206G) and need help with the wiring. Original Emerson has Yellow, brown, and black wires. New Dayton has brown, brown/white stripe, black, and purple wires, and a...

View more questions Search