Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzy rockheart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 05:24 PM
    Foster Care
    Hi my name is Nancy but I like to be called Lizzy. Is it possible for me to go to foster care if my parents do beat me. My step dad is fine but he gets angry with me a lot and calls me names sometimes. My mom treats me like I'm her worst enemy for one day and the half of the next day she'll treat me like I'm her buff and then she goes back to hating on me again. My mom has cheated on my step father 4 times and she is currently dating someone that my step dad doesn't know about. I'm just really tired of getting my feelings hurt. I used to cut myself because my mom told me I was a slut and I was going to be pregnant by the time I'm 13 and her friend says the same about me. I was going to kill myself one day but I realized how many of friends killed me so I just backed off from that idea for a while. I haven't cut myself since but anyway I'm just tired of the stupid drama. I don't want to go through is anymore. I don't want to feel the need for cutting myself again
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 05:28 PM
    You will find foster care will be far worse... you get a place to sleep and food... and little else... few kids actually in foster care want to be there.
    lizzy rockheart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 06:57 PM
    But that's all I need. Do u still think I should do it
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 07:01 PM
    You don't get to do it... Child protective services has to have a legal reason to do it. Actually as a minor there are very few things you can really decide to do on your own.
    LULU42 Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Aug 28, 2013, 07:41 PM
    If your parents are beating you, you need to let somebody know talk to a teacher or somebody in your community. There are people who can help you and you can do something to change your situation. No child should have to go through that. No child should be abused mentally or physically please let somebody know about what is going on.
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 08:05 PM
    Except what some kids claim is a beating is actually discipline for bad behavior, particularity when they get into their teens and think they can do anything they want.

Abuse does happen and shouldn't but discipline is needed periodically when limits are crossed. And there is a big difference between the two. And important to differentiate what's really happening.

There is a lot more to this based on the self destructive behavior... which SHOULD be treated by mental health professionals.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2013, 11:21 PM
    You report the abuse to police, or teacher at school, or call children's services and report it.

They will investigate and see if this is merely discipline ( like a spanking) or actual abuse.

They may require parents to do parenting class. Mother may leave him, if he is doing this.

There are many foster homes, do not except love, or concern, merely a place to live, and people to control your actions. A few are loving homes, but most do it for the money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any way out of foster care at 16? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14 and am in foster care. I live in Kansas- America, and I want to move in with my girlfriend and her family when I turn 16. But is there any way that I can at age 16? Like any way at all? I really want to live with her she's my life line.

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Foster care [ 3 Answers ]

How can u get my cousins baby out of foster care I haven't seen this cousin for 15 years but her family contacted me to get him well the case worker said he was already place in foster care and I can't get him is this true ? And if so is there anything I can do to get him he's 6 now old

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

View more questions Search