Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

Aug 28, 2013, 01:08 PM
    Any ideas as to why I can no longer download freeware from myabandonware.com
    Any ideas as to why I can no longer download freeware from My Abandonware - download games from the 80s and 90s for free Usually if you click the Download button for a game, the page scrolls down to a second download button and when you click that the download begins. Now, unfortunately the 2nd download button has disappeared. I've written to the site- nothings wrong with their links according to them. I've tried different browsers-- IE explorerer and netscape and Google chrome.

I'm trying to download an older version of RISK Download The Computer Edition of Risk: The World Conquest Game - My Abandonwarebut none of the games are accessible to download for me. In the past I've been able to download and play games using Defend Reloaded/DoS Box. Any idea why I can't do this anymore? Are you able to do this?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 28, 2013, 01:47 PM
    Turn off your ad/pop-up blocker.
    It didn't work on my locked down Firefox, but was fine with my open Google chrome.

Aug 28, 2013, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Turn off your ad/pop-up blocker.
    It didn't work on my locked down firefox, but was fine with my open google chrome.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I am able to access and use both download buttons on the Public library computer so it must me my comp and some security setting/pop-up blocker or virus perhaps?

I think my pop-up blocker at home was off though as I use pogo.com and can't have a blocker on to play those games. Maybe it's just my computer's age --I'm able to do everything just fine on the public library's IE browser.

At any rate thank you for your response.

Aug 29, 2013, 07:45 AM
    Yep works great with Google chrome. But I still wonder why it worked on the library's browser and not mine. They are both IE 8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where to get freeware? [ 3 Answers ]

Where to get freeware?

Can no longer download on vista [ 5 Answers ]

I am unable to download any programs on Vista anymore. They appear to be downloading properly, but I can't find any trace of them .

Box on incline. If you push it up, will it take longer to go up or longer down [ 5 Answers ]

If a box is given a shove so it slides up an incline then slides back down to its starting point, will it take longer on the way up or on the way down? I think it's down.

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

View more questions Search