Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    standana Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 11:19 AM
    Rheem furnace blower motor
    I had my ac/heater checked because the blower would not come on. The tech said it was the blower because my filter was dirty, changed 3 weeks ago and that he could change it for $1500.00. I s this right?
    Dana
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 28, 2013, 11:56 AM
    No. Call as legitimate HVAC company.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 02:40 PM
    Criminal. Way overpriced.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 28, 2013, 04:57 PM
    Even if you have a modulating furnace with a variable speed motor (these motors can honestly run upwards of 1000 bucks, highway robbery in my opinion, but that is what some of them cost) 500 for change out seems high. Do you know if the motor is a variable speed? Im not asking about a multi speed (almost all units have multi speed) I am asking about a variable speed. I would have him do a break down for you for cost of materials and labor, travel time, mileage, etc. Then get two more bids from other reputable HVAC installers. This should give you a better idea whether you are being ripped off. Don't get me wrong, modulating furnaces have their place, but the replacement components after warranty is up can add up to the price of a standard single stage high eff furnace. Wishing you the best of luck, and please do let us know how things turn out.

If you could give the model and serial of the unit, I would also appreciate that. Thanks.

Aug 29, 2013, 10:08 AM
    could I buy the blower motor and have someone who knows what he is doing??
    I have a Rheem combination pak 21/5 ton roof top mounted. It has a variable speed blower the unit is 6 years old. My last ac unit lasted 22 years the tech that came out was the company that install the unit I would appreciate any info
    thank you
    Dana

Aug 31, 2013, 01:23 PM
    rrpl-b036jk06xaja is the model number it is either rheem or ruud. It is a variable speed blower motor.
    Thanks
    Dana

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem Gas Furnace RGPH-05NAUER - Blower Motor does not run - [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I received some great help here before with my plumbing so I'm back to solve a furnace problem. Thanks for looking. Unit Information: Rheem RGPH-05NAUER Serial # FD5D302F310005868 Natural Gas, Induced draft, upflow/horizontal Installed in the year 2000

Rheem Gas Furnace RGPH - Blower Motor does not run - [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I received some great help here before with my plumbing so I'm back to solve a furnace problem. Thanks for looking. Unit Information: Rheem RGPH-05NAUER Serial # FD5D302F310005868 Natural Gas, Induced draft, upflow/horizontal Installed in the year 2000

Rheem gas furnace blower motor keeps running [ 1 Answers ]

My Rheem furnace model UDGE-06NLAER blower motor keeps running After I changed filter It always stops after 5-10 min. usually but this time . Is the time delay circuit board defectived ?

Rheem furnace blower motor won't run [ 0 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Rheem Classic 90 Plus Series Contour Furnace and the blower motor will not run. The A/C will turn on, and I can hear the gas ignite, but no fan or blower motor. Removed the cover and the display on the circuit board flashes 81, 68, 81, 68 then solid F for about 4 seconds then...

Rheem furnace blower motor won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace blower motor will not turn on. The troubleshooting guide says to replace blower motor but the diagnostics says the Limit Switch is Open any ideas

View more questions Search