Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike d perez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 11:16 AM
    Outside fan is working but need to manually spin blower for it to work. Why?
    Why do I have to manually spin blower in oder for the a/c to work?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 01:02 PM
    Defect in the motor... time for a new motor.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2013, 05:17 PM
    Presuming you are talking about the indoor fan motor: Try changing the capacitor. They are inexpensive & easy to replace. If that doesn't help, it's probably time for a new motor.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 28, 2013, 06:27 PM
    I would most certainly start with the capacitor, as mentioned above. If that does not fix the problem, new motor for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower on heating unit hums and will not start fan turns easily manually. [ 0 Answers ]

Noticed blower on heating unit hums and won't start. If I disconnect power and restart blower comes on and heats fine. Fan turns fine manually.

My furnace will only work if the blower motor is turned on manually [ 1 Answers ]

Tempstar furnace only works if blower motor is turned on manually with remote switch. Any ideas why?

Furnace blower will not come on unless I spin the fan blades. [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old GE electric furnace. When I try to turn on the air conditioning the outside fan works but the furnace does not come on. I went downstairs and I could hear that power was reaching the furnace so I turned off the power at the circuit breaker, and then turned it back on and nothing...

A/C Blower fan not working [ 2 Answers ]

Blower fan does not work in a/c mode, but if I switch it to heat the fan kicks on and starts blowing hot air.

Blower fan not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York central a/c forced air gas furnace. It's about 10 years old. The blower motor has stopped working. I can spin the squirrel cage freely by hand. Everything else seems to work as it should. Using a multimeter, as far as I can tell (I'm a plumber, not an electrician) 120V is not being...

View more questions Search