Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    applesbananas456 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Middle school dating
    I like this guy and I want to go out with him. I don't want to be sexual <definately not> but I want him to be my boyfriend. In your own opinion, is middle school too young for dating?
    sexiibabii Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2007, 03:29 PM
    heyy my name is danielle... I'm in high school in my opinion middle school is definitely not to young for dating... as long as you let him no what you feel comfortable with and what you don't <-- meaning you need to tell him you don't want to be sexually active with him=)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2007, 04:05 PM
    I would say it is a good place for group activities with those of similar ages. Hanging at the mall, maybe a movie but it should be with limits
    starbuckerbriee Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2007, 08:19 AM
    I think that middle school is a good place to practice dating. I'm in middle school myself and I think that there is no point. It will never last. I say wait till high school for a more serious relationship. But do what you want. I'll be mean and say you'll just have your heart broken. SORRY FOR THE MEAN MOMENT!! I just felt mean. Anyway GOOD LUCK!
    bdymo691 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Middle School is not too young to be dating. My first girlfriend was in 6th grade, but since I am a guy, I can tell you that the one thing that any guy at any age appreciates is to be asked out in private, whether, its after class or before class, when none of their friends are around, or when your hanging out with him and its just you and him, because if his friends are around him, he is going to be say something he doesn't want to say because he wants to look cool in front of his friends. Trust me too when I tell you this, I am in 10th grade, and I still appreciate a girl talking to me in private about that stuff. Well I got to go and finish some hw, you can e-mail me back whenever you need advice about dating or even about school work or even sports. You can call me Billy too. Well good luck. Talk to you later.
    From,
    Billy
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 13, 2007, 06:44 PM
    YES, middle school is WAY too young for dating!!

Why are you in such a rush to date? You have your whole life ahead of you, why would you want to be tied to another person any sooner than you have too?

Yeah the boys are HOT and all the other girls are going out, but GUESS WHAT the boys will still be hot in high school and they will have all dated the other girls... So you will be new and fresh!

Have fun, not bfs! Have slumber parties and stay up all night talking to your friends about boys, but don't date them yet! WAIT! It will be worth it later, trust me!
    boblaw42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by applesbananas456
    i like this guy and i want to go out with him. i dont want to be sexual <definately not> but i want him to be my boyfriend. in your own opinion, is middle school too young for dating?
    No of corse it isn't. It's the time to get started and see what kind of people you like
    SHELL13 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
    i like this guy and i want to go out with him. i dont want to be sexual <definately not> but i want him to be my boyfriend. in your own opinion, is middle school too young for dating?
    Most people would say your 2 young but what do we really know!! You should give it a try it will never hurt!!
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 09:08 PM
    No it isn't... I had my 1st boyfriend when I was 9 but it wasn't that serious.. just becareful who you trust [even guys] because people like to talk
    JonLR92 Posts: 81, Reputation: -2

Jul 10, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Hahaha you think that's young? I had a girlfriend on my first day of kindergarten! We came out of school holding hands and my mom took a picture. Anyway I'm 15 finished middle school last year. I'm going to 10th grade. Your not to young! Go for it during lunch one day in PRIVATE
    chikiya1234 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2007, 05:58 AM
    :confused: hi my name is chikiya I want to date but I don't teall my mom because you know how parents r. so I can't give the boy my phone number and what if he doesn't want to go out any more
    jazzyj98241 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jul 24, 2007, 12:06 AM
    Your definitely not to young because I'm 12 and already kissed my boyfriend and your probably older than me or the same age.
    richardsone Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
    ABSOLUTELY! I think its natural to be into a guy and want to flirt with him, but middle school is a weird time. Stick with the studies don't complicate your life with a guy. They are on a total different maturity level then you and will only cause you drama. Let it be as is. Talk with your friends, but leave it alone
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 20, 2007, 12:00 PM
    I regret having a boyfriend in middle school because now my boyfriend that I'm with is kina mad over it because he's never been with anyone elsse and I have. Just don't do anything you might regret one day
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Sep 25, 2007, 04:18 AM
    Middle school is NOTT young. I had a boyfriend when I was 2 and I'm fine in life. I think you should ask this boy out and not stand around waiting for him to pick up the clue. Unless your family/parents have a rule against this- I say go for it!
    albinonerd13 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2007, 10:10 PM
    I'm in middle school, so this advice is from experience: Go for it. Your heart may be broken, but you need to know what it's like. I decided to try a middle school relationship (I've only had one so far). I had lots of fun and I learned a lot about the real world and responsibility. My heart was broken (:( ), and it hurt, but I got over it, and I learned from it.

So, do it. It's a great experience.
    Guest Tonight Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 2, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Well, consider the possibilities:
    No-- in Muslim countries brides are married to their (older) husbands at 11 or 12 and have the first baby within a year. Seems young to Europeans and Americans, but fine to them. On the other hand, in some of those countries a man is expected to "take" more than one wife... And, it's "for life" which these days can mean 90+. (That's a LONG time.)
    Yes-- I'm 48 and there were kids "going out" in 6th grade when I was growing up. The girls were all from what used to be called "broken homes" the boys were all from 2-parent families with at least one alcoholic parent. We are all grown up now and to a one every girl who got kissed in Grade 6, 7 or 8 is divorced with kids and an alcoholic with drug problems. One girl is even in prison for DUI manslaughter and one died of Syphillis. Of the boys, every one is divorced and all are alcoholics. And, this was after abortion was legalized -- no one was forced into a marriage because they were pregnant. Rather, getting started too early seems to be a function of coming from a dysfunctional family and growing up to be dysfunctional. The rest of us that waited until high school (or later) are all married with children and contributing members of society. Just an observation.
    levipuppy Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 01:30 PM
    I am going to middle school next year and my mom my said that I'm not allowed to to go out yet but I agree with her
    A lot of people say I'm out of my mind but I think that like what my mom says I should wait until high school
    I think high school is the perfect time to start dating
    simplebowman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    -

Apr 26, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Nah... I'm in middle school and I've already gone out with a couple girls. Be comfortable, if you don't want to be sexual, then don't. If he leaves you then it wasn't going to work out.
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 03:07 PM
    I agree with the other girl who said that you should definitely set limits for yourself, don't feel like you have to do anything un-needed just to get the attention from a boy you might like. Throughout the rest of your aducational life there will be plenty of other oppertunities to go for. Being in high school now (with not so good grades) has me wishing that I paid more attention to what was going on rather then other unimportant things. Everybody gets crushes, just be yourself, what else can you do? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Middle School [ 21 Answers ]

I am sarting middle school in August. And I don't know what to do about it. I am not prepared for middle school yet. What should I do?

Middle School Story Problem [ 4 Answers ]

my daughter has this math problem for homework and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. Alex is 35. Burt is 7 and Chris is 5. In how many years will Alex's age be the sum of Burts and Chris's ages? HELP!:confused:

Middle name [ 6 Answers ]

My sister has her names picked out (girl or boy) But we can't think of a middle name to go with Wyatt _____ Can you help

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search