Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyoftwins88 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 27, 2013, 05:27 PM
    I'm on ssi and father is trying get child sport can he do that?
    I'm on ssi for depression and grew up in and out of mental hospitals and father is trying get child sport can he do that? I give him moneyand school food for my kids I take care of them still even though I only get them weekends! I have done everything and more for him to help they are my kids which is my place I want to help its my place to I know that but I don't want .to lose my ssi and not beable .ro take care of myself also... I have court 12th I'm nervous any advise thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 27, 2013, 05:32 PM
    It doesn't matter what, if any, income you have. In most jurisdictions you will be ordered to pay some amount of child support. Where you come up with the money is up to you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2013, 05:42 PM
    My kids got their dads SSD supplemented so it didn't cost him anything out of his pocket.

Aug 27, 2013, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    My kids got their dads SSD supplemented so it didn't cost him anything out of his pocket.
    Ssd and ssi are different ssd and gives kids check ssi don't
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2013, 05:52 PM
    Oh, I hope everything works out for you.

Aug 28, 2013, 03:04 AM
    Thanks (:
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Oh, I hope everything works out for you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 28, 2013, 04:27 AM
    The court will take into consideration your ssi and other financial aspects, so bring everything you possibly can with you, regarding expenses.

Aug 28, 2013, 12:34 PM
    Like what I know take my paper saying I get ssi I don't know what else to take I get foodstapps and live with my .gf
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    The court will take into consideration your ssi and other financial aspects, so bring everything you possibly can with you, regarding expenses.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 28, 2013, 03:47 PM
    Renting (if any), transportation, medical, dental, glasses. Anything important that you can think of. You might not have much at all, if you are living with someone for free.

Aug 28, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Okay thanks no I help with my rent and things but most goes to my kids hopeful it will all work out thanks againUOTE=joypulv;3539130]Renting (if any), transportation, medical, dental, glasses. Anything important that you can think of. You might not have much at all, if you are living with someone for free.[/QUOTE]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can child support be taken from my child father ssi [ 2 Answers ]

My child father I not currently working and is on public asstistaces and recivces ssi so I wanted to know if child support can be taken from his ssi

How can I get child support from the father that has ssi [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried but they keep saying I cant

Father with SSI.Can my child get it? [ 3 Answers ]

My baby's father receives SSI checks. Does this mean he doesn't have to pay child support? Does this mean my child could be able to receive a check also?

Father on SSI so no child support? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, My children's father is on SSI and does not pay his court ordered child support. I also know that he has been working under the table for some time now (and is earning more than me) and still will not pay his child support. He is 15 months behind on payments. I had a child support case...

View more questions Search