Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Malcolm Barnes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2005, 01:46 PM
    Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable?
    Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Feb 6, 2005, 03:35 PM
    No.

Attempts have been made to do this, but each new "technology" has been overcome quickly. Don't even try.

Considering it is a bunch of MS office documents, they could even resort to copy-pasting to a blank file...
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Feb 6, 2005, 04:22 PM
    I read somewhere that you can get past copy protection technology by simply scribbling around the edge of a disc with a felt-tip marker :D Aka Sony's Key2Audio technology.

So if this happens to Sony,I guess you'd have to write software code which detects when someone is attempting to make a copy of your work,and bursts into flames in the Rom drive.(Only kidding.Fire is very dangerous! )

Don't think so?

Nez.
    Malcolm Barnes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2005, 06:12 AM
    Thanks for your replies gentleman

Malc
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2005, 07:50 AM
    If you want to but the full version of Adobe Acrobat you can save your files as .pdf files. Of course you would lose any interactivity but the user could not change the content of your documents/spreadsheets.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2005, 08:58 AM
    Just a thought
    Hi,
    Have you done a thorough Google search for the type of files you have?
    It could possibly be that someone has already done what you have done!
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    PS; No, I don't know any way to make these "read only" CD's.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2005, 09:03 AM
    I would invest in the FULL version of Adobe Acrobat. With Acrobat, you can convert your Word and Excel files to PDF format. You can then protect the PDF format from being copied, edited or printed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formating disc [ 7 Answers ]

I have win 98se.installed. Iwant to format my hard disc. Iwant to make three partitions. Pls explain in detail the steps for formating and installing window xp. Thanks

Creating xp disc [ 3 Answers ]

I have purchased a second hand computer which has xp loaded on it but it did not come with an xp disc. I want to transfer the required files from this computer to make a bootable disc so that I can re-install if it is required later. Thanks

1GB installer to 2 700MB disc... [ 18 Answers ]

I hope this forum could help me, I have a 1GB installer and I want to burn it into 2 700MB disc that will like if I insert disc1 when its done it will ask for disc2... but I don't know what file should be into disc1 and what in disc2... Can you help me for this... :confused: please...

I think there's something wrong with my disc drive [ 7 Answers ]

I have an averatec 3300 laptop and for some reason it reads some cd's and not others. It didn't really bother me too much until I bought Webroot Spysweeper and tried to load it on and my computer just doesn't even seem to recognize that there is a cd in the drive, and it's really frustrating me...

Chk disc [ 11 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I have checked the sit, I thought this would have been on here but its not. All of a sudden in the last weeks my PC has started to do two strange things. It takes approx 3 to 4 minutes to close down, it hangs on the "Windows is shutting Down" screen before shutting off. Then when...

View more questions Search