Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2013, 07:36 PM
    05 Town & Country blower only works sometimes
    The A/C and heat work fine. The rear blower works fine. The front blower does not. Sometimes it runs when I start and sometimes it comes on as I'm driving. Lately it hasn't come on at all. I have automatic controls. I assume it is the resistor or the blower motor by looking at all I have found but which one of those would it be if it works sometimes. Again I assume that one of those things either works or doesn't while the other can have symptoms like this. (intermittent)

It's been near 100 degrees and humid every day so please help!

Thanks,
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2013, 07:43 PM
    Once a resistor goes bad it doesn't "fix " itself. That is, it won't work and then not work. It could be in the control system or a loose wire.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2013, 05:06 AM
    . Set the blower speed to max and see if the blower works. The resistor only enters the equation at lower speeds.

. Run the Electronic Air Temperature Control (EATC) diagnostics and check for codes. Record any codes and then clear them--this is very important. Many problems can be solved by learning how to do this.

. Check grounds, connections, switches, and blower motor, if the problem persists.

Aug 27, 2013, 10:10 AM
    How do I do that?

Thanks

Aug 28, 2013, 05:26 PM
    Ok, from what I have been told since it worked intermittently, it was not the resistor. I took the blower motor out today and tested it right to the battery and it worked fine. This is an automatic, not manual, control. What can I check now or what can it be if it's not the resistor or motor? I don't know how to run a diagnostic on it. Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2013, 06:34 PM
    Unless this is a daily family car, I would run a single hot wire through a dash mounted switch and let it run full speed. Shut the vents down if too much air.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 town&country AC flashing lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 98 town and country LXI. I'm having a problem with flashing lights and the AC not working. I have ran the test by holding down the 2 buttons and I have determined that the AC test has failed. My AC is not blowing cold air and I can not hear the compressor kicking in. I have attempted to...

2005 Town & Country blower not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, hoping someone can tell me my issue by knowing the situation. I assume it's a resistor or motor problem but not sure. Two nights ago I drove the vehicle and everything worked fine. Yesterday morning I started it to let it warm up (zero degree out) only to discover the front blower was not...

Town & Country Rear Crankshaft Seal [ 0 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Would anybody have a guesstimate as to how much it would cost to have the rear cranshaft seal and oil pan seal replaced on a 2003 Chrysler Town & Country minivan? Engine is the 3.8L and the van ias all wheel drive. Thanks!

2005 Town & Country Oil Leak [ 1 Answers ]

My 2005 Town and Country with only 44K miles is leaking oil. It looked like the leak might have been the oil pan gasket. So I put a new gasket on and cleaned everything. After replacing the gasket it is still leaking, but this time the oil is only leaking between the engine and transmission...

1998 town & country [ 3 Answers ]

Hello , I starting to see some oil leakage directly underneath the crankshaft on my T&C making it look like an oil pan gasket leak So can anyone tell me if this is the front seal that I might need and if its fairly easy to replace myself I'm somewhat mechanical any help whould whould be great...

View more questions Search