Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clw6711 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2013, 04:54 PM
    Grants for Disabled Women
    I am visually impaired/ stroke person who wants to work from home and start own business, is there any help/hope for me?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2013, 05:24 PM
    Very little... most work at home schemes are ripoffs.

Unless this was coordinated through one of the organizations that provide occupational training for the disabled.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2013, 06:28 AM
    Really no, most grants are large for non profit groups that in turn, help groups of others.
    You can talk to local non profits and see if there are things that they may help with.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 27, 2013, 06:40 AM
    If you are a good typist and interested in something like this, you might want to call area colleges/universities to ask if they would post an ad for your typing services (all could be handled electronically without you driving somewhere). You would have to decide if it would be simply rote typing or if you would be editing papers/theses/dissertations too. Of course, you'd charge more per page for any editing you would do.

If you are in the U.S. check with your county's human services office to ask about work-at-home possibilities that may exist.

There is a book, The Work at Home Sourcebook: Lynie Arden: 9780911781205: Amazon.com: Books, that your library can get for you. It's slightly dated (used to be published annually) but has some interesting ideas that may float your boat. There are similar titles by other authors.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 27, 2013, 07:19 AM
    Please describe how impaired you are both visually and from your stroke.
    I have done lots of selling on eBay, but it's a lot of work, even physically such as packing and shipping, plus good picture taking, writing descriptions, and doing research.
    I'm 66 and in a fair amount of pain and have trouble walking, but can still do the above.
    There just isn't any business other than consulting as an expert that won't require the same.
    Some people set themselves up as online psychics. I think that's a lot of hooey, but it's a living if you have a knack for understanding what people want to hear, and don't mind them paying you for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants available for the disabled [ 1 Answers ]

I have been disabled for approx 9 years. Last year went through a divorce and rec'd no allimony so I obviously have a very low income right now. I also desperately need hearing aids but cannot afford the $4000.00 price tags. I am at a point where I cannot pay my bills each month, and usually...

Grants for disabled women [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. Do you know if there are government grants available for disabled women? My niece is confined to a wheelchair and will never be able to walk again. She needs help with in home care, transportation, housing, etc. I have searched the web until I can't see straight, and have yet to find...

Charities or grants for disabled [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I am wondering if there are any charities or grants or anything for extremely low-income developmentally disabled people? This is reagarding Washington state. Thank you.

Disabled grants [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is disabled and she needs help in finding a grant to repair several things in her home due to a flood from a year or two ago, But the main concern is the septic system has backed up and has caused a sink hole in her yard and it smells horrible. Since this has happened I believe it has...

Grants for the Disabled. [ 19 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for disabled women? I have a friend who receives SSI. She's a paraplegic. Goes to school. But needs more money to live. Are there any grants available to someone in her situation?

View more questions Search