Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheryl12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2013, 11:32 AM
    Coleman Mobile Home Furnace
    Yes I hope someone can answer my question, I recently contacted with a contractor for a new Coleman furnace for our mobile home however when they were all finished with the installation it says Stlycrest/ revol on it Not labeled with the Coleman label. They assured me that its made by the same manufacture
    But just labeled different. Is this truly a Cloeman. I am confused. My Coleman they replaced had the Coleman Label branding right on the door however this new one doesn't say Coleman anywhere but is labeled Stlyecrest.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 25, 2013, 03:26 PM
    I just took the opportunity to cross check Coleman with Stylecrest and find no common ground between the two. It is very possible that the Stylecrest IS made by the same manufacturer but, the person who sold you this furnace should have discussed the options before installing it. You may just want to call another contractor that does this kind of work and ask if the two brands are similar. Don't tell them of your situation,, just ask about the two brands,, then call the guy who installed your furnace and ask him right out why he installed a furnace that was not the brand you requested.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Stylecrest is a specialized distributor of the Unitary Products Group that includes York, Luxaire and COLEMAN. It may be a Coleman but sold under Stylecrest. No big deal, I worked in the Whirlpool plant and watched Whirlpool and Kenmore come down the same line with a different case or switch.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2013, 07:10 PM
    It has been several years since I've had any involvement with Coleman but when I did, any warranty work went through Stylecrest. That being the case, I would have to believe the same as ma0641.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman Mobile Home Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman Split AC system. It was installed in our Mobile Home in 1980. The indoor Air Handler is: Coleman Presidential 2, Model #3120B750 and Serial # is 128064431. My question is that I have a serious vibration in the house when the unit is running. From what I've been told so far is most...

Coleman Mobile Home Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Can my Pilot light be replaced with an electronic ignition? I have a Coleman mobile home furnace, model 7956-856 with a pilot light that is a pain to light. Wondering if it can be replaced with a hot surface ignitor?

Coleman Mobile Home Furnace [ 7 Answers ]

Coleman furnace model # 7956A856 , The problem I'm experiencing is that the burners will not ignite. It was working fine this morning came home from work to a cold house. The pilot is still lit,. has current, the thermostat is functioning, as is the limit switch as there is continuity from the...

Coleman Mobile Home Furnace [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Doris and my heater has stopped blowing out heat. I'm trying to fix it myself. It is a Coleman furnace model #3400-590. I have been looking for answers through Colemans site but no luck. How can I tell if its just a switch or the blower has died? Appreciate the help. Hope everyone...

Coleman furnace mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

In the summer my air will cut on and run through its cycle then cut off like its should but when it kicks back on the fan out side on the unit will not cut on so I have to turn the switch on the furnace in the hall to off then cool over an over till you hear the out side unit cut on and the coolent...

View more questions Search