Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skrupa122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2013, 10:37 AM
    Why would a company insist that any customer who fails to pay an invoice when due mus
    Why would a company insist that any customer who fails to pay an invoice when due must replace it with an interest-bearing note?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2013, 11:56 AM
    To negate his loss. To encourage payment in full and know that his "loan" to the buyer will never increase.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 25, 2013, 12:38 PM
    Suppliers who state interest charges after 30 days often find their bills paid without the interest, months late. Maybe this is an attempt to add a new legal emphasis to the interest.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2013, 12:49 PM
    When companies do not get paid when due, this affects their cash flow. If they do not have the cash to pay their bills, they could be losing money to borrow to pay their bills.

So a vendor that does not pay their invoices on time is costing the company money. Usually the invoice states terms that if the invoice is not paid by a certain date, interest charges accrue. So a promissory note is probably not necessary, but does give a company added leverage to collect on money owed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trading customer invoice with vendor invoice - no money exchanged: how do I post this [ 0 Answers ]

My customer paid his invoice but deducted the amount owed to him by us on his vendor invoice to us. How do I post this?

Invoice a new customer $900 for a completed mowing job--customer will pay in 10 days [ 1 Answers ]

Is there supposed to be an entry or is just posted as NO ENTRY?

We are fails for filing annual return of company due to A/c audit now that situation? [ 1 Answers ]

We are fails to submit filling of annual return to ROC due to account book not available for audit so that we fail now what I do that situation we are not get any extension so what will do now?

Invoice issued to customer as down payment [ 5 Answers ]

What is the correct journal entry for the invoice issued to customer as down payment?

View more questions Search