Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2013, 07:42 AM
    Ceiling Fan Installation
    How would go about installing a ceiling fan. In this room
    Does not have a ceiling. Just a series of rafters. Would you need to built a platform? There is an electric line near by that could be fished in by conduit but what about the swing of the fan blades?? If it was to be installed between the rafter
    Attached Images

Hippiefeet Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Aug 25, 2013, 08:26 AM
    I would cut a short piece of 2x4 or 2x6, your choice, depending on the weight of the fan, the width of the inner space between rafters, and use heavy long screws going in through the side of the rafters to mount it in a horizontal poisition, flush with the lowest surface, like an "H" shape. Then do the wiring and mount the fan. You may cut a hole in the new piece for wiring or just go around the edge, what ever you prefer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan installation-unusual sloped wooden ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

My dining room/great room area is sloped, with a single layer of cedar boards for the ceiling rather than a standard sheetrock ceiling with room above in an attic. There is no room above the ceiling to drill into and install an electrical box. The current lighting fixture is a chandelier that is...

Having trouble with ceiling fan installation for harbor breeze fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a harbor breeze ceiling fan for a friend. The light works fine but the fan is not working at all. Any ideas what I might do to correct this??

Ceiling Fan Installation [ 4 Answers ]

I have a very steep family room ceiling angle. I proceeded to install the fan and found out that the drop down bar does is not level due to the ceiling angle. Is there a special installation kit (hangar unit) for steeply angled ceilings? Barry

Ceiling fan installation [ 3 Answers ]

We just put up a new ceiling fan but it's very noisy and we can't seem to find the problem... any idea's what we did wrong

Ceiling fan installation [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a Hampton Bay Sidewinder Fan. My wall outlet has two switches (one for the fixture where I want to put my fan and one to a different light in the other room). My fan has a light and a wall transmitter. There is a black wire connected to the switch I want to use. That switch...

View more questions Search