Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 06:15 AM
    Out of range check HDMI input resolution
    I know this isn't really computers, but I didn't think posting under Television would get the right people looking at the question.

Help! Staying at my parents' and my grandma's TV won't. When first turned on, I get the error above.

TV is on, cable box is on. I get "no signal" flashing across the screen and cannot get any channel to load.

Any ideas on where to start? Googling the problem gets me all sorts of computer and PS3 issues and that doesn't seem to help me
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 06:20 AM
    Who is her cable company?
    Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 06:22 AM
    What channel is the TV on? Could Lan have changed the TV channel accidentally?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 06:27 AM
    Is there WiFi channeled to it for Netflix ?
    Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 06:33 AM
    It's Time Warner, I've tried changing the channel back to 3 (and 2, for that matter, just in case). There's WiFi in the house, but not hooked to the TV.

I can't even FIND the settings button on the cable box, or get it to load from the remote. Can't get the TV settings to pop up either.

And yes, I'm sure this was caused by my son messing around with things.
    Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 06:39 AM
    My television, for example, has to be set to channel 4 to receive the cable, not 2 or 3.

Have you tried to call Time Warner? That's the first place I would have started. They can troubleshoot this and possibly have to send a refresh signal.
    Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 06:42 AM
    I can't find my parents' acct #, and at home that's the first thing they want.

I figured out that it was NOT on channel 3, got it there, and somehow played with the buttons on the remote until it worked again.

Thank you! If nothing else, you made sure I was double checkign my work!
    Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 06:45 AM
    Many times they can look up the account by the phone number and/or address as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I select HDMI as the input on my used Panasonic Flat Screen TV? (It's not hi l [ 0 Answers ]

How do I select HDMI as the input on my used Panasonic Flat Screen TV? (It's not hi lighted to select)

CanI connect hdmi on laptop to hdmi on my surround sound system? [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know,if I can hook up the hdmi on the laptop to hdmi input on the surround sound and have it work. I'musing the headphone jack now but it's a sh$#*y connection.

I have 1 hdmi input on my TV. I use this with my cable box. I just got a blue ray dvd [ 2 Answers ]

I have 1 hdmi input on my TV. I use this with my cable box. I just got a blue ray dvd player and want to use a hdmi cable with this also but there is no other impu on the TV. Any suggestions?

Hitachi hdmi input quit working [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! We have had a fifty inch plasma hitachi P50H40 TV for just over three years. We have a computer hooked up to the TV and watch Netflix and Hulu. (No cable!). Suddenly it appears that the HDMI inputs quit working. We swapped out the computer to be sure it wasn't the computer and it wasn't. ...

Ybpr cables or dvi to hdmi? Or hdmI? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is best, and I would like to know why? I find the more expensive dvi to hdmi is not as high of a quality of 3dimension on my LCD TV from my HD cable box? The picture is clearer but the characters do not jump out the same as when I am using ybpr.

View more questions Search