Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allisonlaw15 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2013, 07:20 AM
    I have itchy bumps that look exactly like mosquito bites but I don't think they are
    A couple weeks ago, I started getting red spots all over that I thought were mosquito bites. They appeared at night at first, and I leave my window open. However, they seem to have spread, and no one else in my house has been bitten. I know they're not bed bugs, nor do I really think they're any other insect bite because I've changed where I sleep, even sleeping over at other people's houses, and they still appear, sometimes during the day. They behave just like mosquito bites. Maddeningly itchy and a slightly raised bump on the skin. However, I haven't seen any mosquitoes or noticed anything biting me. As far as I know, I'm not allergic to anything, nor do I think I've come in contact with any poisonous plants, especially since this has been going on for a couple of weeks now. Any suggestions?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 07:21 AM
    Any new medications? Laundry soap? Bath soap? Deodorants? New foods recently?

Aug 24, 2013, 07:24 AM
    I started using Dove deodorant. Other than that, I can't think of anything.
    Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 07:31 AM
    Are they all over your body? If so, it doesn't sound like a bite, but more of an allergic reaction to something new to your system.

Aug 24, 2013, 07:38 AM
    They're mostly on my arms, but there have been a few on my legs and a couple others in random spots.
    Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 07:46 AM
    What is the weather like in your area of the world? Are you wearing long sleeves? Long pants?

Aug 24, 2013, 07:53 AM
    Hot as a mother and pretty dry. It rained a little a couple days ago though.
    Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 07:57 AM
    I can totally relate! Same way here in my neck of the woods.

You need to sit down and think hard about any new products used, whether it be the Dove deodorant, new laundry soap, dryer sheets, or even new foods. Sometimes it's easy to overlook, or forget, something new that is introduced to our environments.

For now, Benadryl 25mg by mouth every 4-6 hours. If not resolved by Monday, a trip to the doctor may be in order.

Aug 24, 2013, 07:58 AM
    And nope, no long sleeves or pants
    Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 07:59 AM
    Benadryl this weekend and doctor on Monday for a proper diagnosis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have random painful itchy mosquito/hive like bumps that come on my legs and ankles [ 0 Answers ]

No one else has these in my household but me

Itchy mosquito like bumps on face line or circle form [ 0 Answers ]

I have been getting these itchy mosquito like bumps only on the right side of my face for the last two months. They are around my jawline, and now on my cheek. They come and go randomly. They are not insect bites. They will go away, then reappear in the same spot. Nothing seems to help. My doctor...

Itchy red bumps that look like mosquito bites [ 0 Answers ]

I know they are not mosquito bites. But what os happening is when I itch them I feel like more appear and they itch like crazy. I have them all up and dowm my legs. Then I noticed these real tiny red spots on my torso/stomach that aren't noticeable unless your super close. Please help me stop the...

Unexplained itchy spots resemble mosquito bites [ 2 Answers ]

For about two weeks now random spots which itch like crazy are popping up. Itch creams are not helping and I can't figure out what's causing them. I'm so stressed out that I'm not sleeping I'm about to rip my skin off

Itchy red bumps that look like mosquito bites? [ 1 Answers ]

I have these super annoying itchy red bumps that look exactly like mosquito bites, but I keep finding more of them, and they are especially annoying during the night. They don't look like bed bug bites (no bleeding or scabs), or scabies, but I am open to possibilities. Anyone got any ideas?

View more questions Search