Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Soccerislive Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2013, 09:48 PM
    MRI help!! Please translate
    Below I have posted the MRI report I was given. Keep in mind I'm a 17 year old male and I've had pain at the top of my right buttocks that was hurting me.

Findings: No free pelvic fluid. No edema or atrophy within the right gluetal musculature. No right trochanteric bursitis. No right hip joint effusion. The visualized portions of the right rectus femoris, iliopsoas and hamstring tendons are unremarkable. There is linear edema within the posterior right iliac bone adjacent to the right sacroiliac joint effusion. This is concerning for a nondisplaced posterior iliac stress fracture.

Impression:
    Linear edema and T1 hypointense line within the posterior right iliac bone subjacent to the right sacroiliac joint concerning for a nondisplaced posterior iliac stress fracture.

Can someone please translate to me and if possible how long recovery will be? Thanks!!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 23, 2013, 09:50 PM
    Did you talk to a doctor at all or just have the MRI done, they gave you the results, and waved goodbye? SOMEONE should have explained it all to you.

Aug 23, 2013, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Did you talk to a doctor at all or just have the MRI done, they gave you the results, and waved goodbye? SOMEONE should have explained it all to you.
    No the place just handed me the report and I'm suppose to follow up with an orthopedic next week. But I was hoping someone could explain to me what was wrong with me and how long I might be out for
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 23, 2013, 09:58 PM
    Well, we have some nurses here but I can't say if they will know what that all means or if they will even be willing to translate it for you.

You will probably just need to wait it out until you see the doctor.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 23, 2013, 11:31 PM
    The wide bones of the lower back are the sacro-iliac. You may have a very tiny stress fracture of the iliac, along with swelling of the surrounding tissues. Hairline cracks don't always show up very well. Swelling causes pain as it presses on nerves. Keep rested, move gently and frequently to keep from getting stiff, take warm baths or showers, try to sleep on your left side if you sleep on your side, use moist heating pad. There's no resetting of bones with a stress fracture, just time to heal.

Aug 24, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    The wide bones of the lower back are the sacro-iliac. You may have a very tiny stress fracture of the iliac, along with swelling of the surrounding tissues. Hairline cracks don't always show up very well. Swelling causes pain as it presses on nerves. Keep rested, move gently and frequently to keep from getting stiff, take warm baths or showers, try to sleep on your left side if you sleep on your side, use moist heating pad. There's no resetting of bones with a stress fracture, just time to heal.
    Thank you for responding and I wish I had this advice earlier on in my injury but I went to a chiropractor for it not knowing what I had and I believe he may have made things worse. Also do you know how much longer I might be out? I've been out for a month ( I don't know if that's how long it would've taken had I just went to physical therapy) but it doesn't hurt at all anymore just sometimes when I put all my pressure on it. Do you think I will be able to heal in another week? Because I have a tournament coming that my coach needs me for..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 07:25 AM
    Unfortunately, there are no doctors that subscribe to this site, nor are there any radiologists that can interpret your findings correctly.

Other than what Joy has appropriately advised you of, you are going to have to discuss this with your doctor for the most accurate and proper advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Had a mri done [ 5 Answers ]

Been have pain for 7 months now and no Dr knows y I'm getting pain Fr left hip down my left leg what other test can I have done with stocks daily on left

MRI Findings: [ 4 Answers ]

Left Arm pain and weakness reason for MRI. Findings: At C5-6 there is mild posterior spurring contouring the ventral thecal sac. There is fairly severe narrowing of the left neural canal at this level. At C6-7 there is mild posterior spurring and disk protrusion causing mild contouring of...

How much can a MRI show? [ 1 Answers ]

It has been 11 weeks since my daughter was born and I had difficult delivery that I am still recovering from. I had an episiotomy which has still not healed, it healed only part way and now is not closing at all in fact its getting worse. I have had an infection for several weeks that has began to...

Shoulder MRI [ 1 Answers ]

I fell four years ago on my shoulder and I finally went in a few weeks ago for an MRI. Unfortunately, my ortho doctor is not answering my questions, so I am in the process of switching doctors. If anyone could help with my MRI that would be great. Impression: 1. Tendinopathy supraspinatus tendon....

View more questions Search