Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PierreD95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 11:12 PM
    Should I feel guilty about lying to my professor
    She is a nice person and open hearted, and believes there is good in everyone. I enrolled in one of summer courses during the summer and received a "B". I never lied to anyone before and my parents don't tolerate lying. I have been overwhelmed by classes and working fulltime. I had my friend complete one of my assignment for me because they took her course in the spring. She told us she trust all her students and it would hurt her feelings if any of us lied to her.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 23, 2013, 01:05 AM
    Guilt by itself is a useless emotion that allows us to wallow in self-pity more than anything.

While there may be situations where lying isn't wrong, you should accept responsibility for this act of lying/deceit, and should admit to it. It was wrong no matter how nice and trusting she is, and no matter how overwhelmed you were.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I feel guilty. [ 0 Answers ]

Okay so about a year ago, there was this boy who was basically obsessed with me. I paid him no attention because I felt I was better than him. Whatever call me a high maintanced girl, that's okay. Anyway a boyfriend and I had broken up so I decided I wanted to date this said guy who was obsessed...

Should I Feel Guilty? [ 31 Answers ]

I think there are similar posts, sorry for a repost, but I suppose everyone is different... I recently got dumped (3weeks ago) by an Ex/Gf she had left 3 times in 3 yrs (twice cheating), and I have always been "There" for her when we txt messaged each other or anything, our recent break up I...

Not sure if I should feel guilty [ 4 Answers ]

My ex and I have been over for about 7 months. 3 months ago I found someone new and things have been great between us. He's such a nice guy and I've never met anyone like him. We've been dating for 3 months and have no drama what so ever. The problem is when we first started dating I wasn't...

How guilty should I feel? [ 4 Answers ]

OK. So my boyfriend and I just took a 'break' about two weeks ago. This is how it went: he called me on the phone to tell me that while he was traveling for two weeks, he did a lot of thinking about 'us'. I instantaneously knew what he was going to do, so I quickly prepared myself and told myself...

View more questions Search