Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cecil wilson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 06:06 PM
    Installed tub
    What do you put under a fiberglass tub when it's installed on plywood?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 22, 2013, 06:37 PM
    That depends on what the manufacturer recommends/requires. There are products that require bedding of some sort, many options depending on specific tub, and there are products that require absolutely no bedding at all, just set the tub, level, anchor/support it by manufacture's guidelines and you are good to go. If the manufacturer does not require bedding, or does not give specifics on the bedding material, you can ask 20 different professionals and many times get 20 different opinions. Emphasis on OPINIONS. My suggestion would be to tell us the exact make and model of tub, or simply contact the manufacturer to get the best info for your exact tub installment. Good luck and please do let us know what you find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should tile installed on a tub platform be pitched slightly downward on a jacuzzi tub [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a 6ft rectangle drop-in Jacuzzi tub. The tub will rest on a wooden surround. The tub inself as a small 2' lip around the edge where in meets the surround. The surround will be laid with tile - both on the wall and around the tub lip where in meets the surround or frame. Should the...

Caulking cracking around new installed tub [ 7 Answers ]

Had my bathroom renovated this summer. Had a ceramic tub installed and 1) I have replaced the caulking 3 times. It is Dap Acrylic Latex Caulk. I now have Mono Ultra bath and kitchen. The guy installing the tub filled it with water but the caulking was put on after. I thought I should put water in...

Is my new tub installed properly? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my 42 year old bathroom remodeled. They took the cast iron tub in and put in a steel tub. The tub creeks when you step in it and move around. Should it? Also they stopped the tile right at the end of the bathtub. The walls right where the tile and wall meet are ruined and wet. The...

We just had a 3 PC tub enclosure (horizontal pieces) installed. Why the squeaking? [ 2 Answers ]

We just had a 3 piece tub unit installed. Came in 3 horizontal pieces. The walls are squeaking badly. The installers said this is normal and could take up to 6 months to settle down. Is this true?

View more questions Search